Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as discussed in another thread, this can now be the reference point for tyre pressures (can threads be made sticky on this forum???)

I'll start.

1.4 TSI Manual on 19"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon said:
T125/70 R18 will be for 18" tyres.
Yes. The spare wheel.

The figures above are for 19".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your saying the 18" wheels are 125/70 profile? :lol:

Read the sticker again. This time a bit more carefully. The pressures in the box are for the wheels on the car. The writing underneath is the size of the spare wheel (the picture of the wheel outside the boot is a giveaway) then the writing to the right of this is the pressure it is supposed to be at.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Here is mine again tyre pressure. 190tdi, 19" with standard as supplied spare. Bridgestone.

BTW same old spare in all of them when ordered... or suppose to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell said:
Here is mine again tyre pressure. 190tdi, 19" with standard as supplied spare.

BTW same old spare in all of them when ordered... or suppose to be.
You could have took the picture level Tell, we've not all got wonky heads you know :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here's mine on the 18" standard Excellence. Bridgestone tyres as well which I wasn't expecting

Font Motor vehicle Rectangle Auto part Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
(I'm lazy David, it's a tablet picture so I know how to hold it to post the picture straight up to avoid using a photo sharing site that corrects it, top of the device goes to the left, but obviously if tilted the in built spirit level plays havoc, but I do commend all the tidy pictures :))

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kindness71 said:
Here's mine on the 18" standard Excellence. Bridgestone tyres as well which I wasn't expecting

View attachment 668
Yes I was pleasantly surprised to see mine had Bridgestone's fitted :cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
David_S said:
Kindness71 said:

View attachment 668
Various threads on this; generally 18s seem to come with Bridgestone Turanzas; 19s with Kumhos; but not in absolutely all cases. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mcderms said:
David_S said:
Kindness71 said:

View attachment 668
Various threads on this; generally 18s seem to come with Bridgestone Turanzas; 19s with Kumhos; but not in absolutely all cases. :D
In other words then it's completely pot luck :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok at the risk of sounding like a real girl (which I am so I can get away with it ;) ) can anyone explain to me what is the difference between row 1 and 2 of the sticker, both showing 3 people and a light luggage load but row 2 also includes an "i" which seemingly makes 4 PSI difference.
I just want to know what PSI I am going to need in my 1.4TSI Excellence with 18" wheels.

·
Registered
918 Posts
JLO said:
Ok at the risk of sounding like a real girl (which I am so I can get away with it ;) ) can anyone explain to me what is the difference between row 1 and 2 of the sticker, both showing 3 people and a light luggage load but row 2 also includes an "i" which seemingly makes 4 PSI difference.
I just want to know what PSI I am going to need in my 1.4TSI Excellence with 18" wheels.
Edited (my answer was wrong way round, lo :lol: )
JLO these pressures are (normally) if you want to reduce them to a level to improve grip by increasing the rolling resistance of the tyres, but should only be used ideally on a temporary basis e.g in snow, without winter tyres on.. Tyres under lower pressure create more friction with the ground. Think the technical part of the user manual will tell you more :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
mcderms said:
I know I should really do a search, but I am feeling a bit lazy at the moment, so what do the 17s generally come with please?

Thanks! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Falken seem to be frequent for 17".

·
Registered
979 Posts
Anyone checked their tyre pressures? Just did mine at the garage on the pay machine so pretty accurate, as wanted to set the monitor alarm. I was really surprised to find them all at 42 PSI. Mostly drive on my own with 18" performance wheels so should have been 36 PSI :eek:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I checked mine this afternoon. It was time I'd never checked them since I got the car in November. I was given the top of the range Halford digital pressure guide for Xmas which stores front and back target pressure. I use another Xmas present the electric pump which miss reads the pressure, always has, stops at desired value so add on the psi of what it's reading for the target. Have two other digital gauges to cross check.

The tyres were down by upto 1.5 psi which I sort of expected. Pumped them all up and pressed the set button on the cars menu. They might not have been correct in the first place.

(the DLR mod light came in handy since I turned them off whilst I had the engine on for the 12v power for the pump, so as not to confuse passing traffic that the car was on the move)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts