Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1980 miles

40.4 mpg overall

Predominantly made up of 16 mile runs to and from work on busy A road at 50/55 mph

Bit of town driving and half a dozen decent 100 mile runs

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Is that based on the actual consumption or the read out from the MFD?

From my experience with the Leon which uses an identical system, the actual is about 3mpg lower than the long term figure on the MFD. It's probably because the speedometer and hence the odometer are deliberately set to over read, typically about 5%.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
based on read out Fred :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fred
Looks a good site :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I use to do it from 1983 with Supercalc, the other one forgotten the name (Borland product), then Excel, then stopped 10 years ago, I couldn't be bothered entering them in, although I do jot down the mileage on the chit. It interesting looking at the seasonal consumptions patterns but I think if something went wrong with the engine you would know it in other ways. I'm not going to modify my driving technique to get economy, too many centre lane cruisers on economy runs thinking they are doing 70 mph, hogging the road lanes. Doing 67 as Freddie knows.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
1980 miles

40.4 mpg overall

Predominantly made up of 16 mile runs to and from work on busy A road at 50/55 mph

Bit of town driving and half a dozen decent 100 mile runs
2,880 miles; 45.0 mpg overall on the 150 diesel
Mainly 30 mile round trips for work and two much longer runs to Manchester & Birmingham and back
Still got 3,500 miles Adblue range left, from 5,500 when new, so must be driving quite carefully as the range has gone up; bet the range is calibrated like a fuel gauge and will suddenly drop like a stone :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think that's where our 3 mpg has gone in the DSG box rather than the engine capacity. I can live with that. Haven't checked the Adblue recently.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The DSG box design is supposed to be at least as good as a manual or even better as far a consumption is concerned. I will believe that when I get mine and text it. In Eco mode it probably is, but who wants to drive in Eco mode?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fred99 said:
Is that based on the actual consumption or the read out from the MFD?

From my experience with the Leon which uses an identical system, the actual is about 3mpg lower than the long term figure on the MFD. It's probably because the speedometer and hence the odometer are deliberately set to over read, typically about 5%.
Not checked against external GPS but it seems accurate against the speed-camera display boards so far.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The fact that all car speedos over read is because the law says they must never under read. As a result the manufacturers always build in some positive error to ensure this can never happen.

·
Registered
918 Posts
mcderms said:
2,880 miles; 45.0 mpg overall on the 150 diesel
Mainly 30 mile round trips for work and two much longer runs to Manchester & Birmingham and back
Still got 3,500 miles Adblue range left, from 5,500 when new, so must be driving quite carefully as the range has gone up; bet the range is calibrated like a fuel gauge and will suddenly drop like a stone :lol: :lol:
UPDATE : now at 3,500 miles; still averaging 46.0 mpg and not budging! Adblue range still at 3,500 miles, making notionally 7,000 miles on full tank. :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I know some are getting "Confused" as that old TV Soap on 18" wheels at the minute but isn't yours a manual Mcderms so you will always be 3MPG ahead of a DSG... but perhaps I've remembered yours wrong. VW Dunn has a 4Drive manual TDI 150 thought yours was the same but perhaps I remembered it wrong.

You and Saggy will be in the lead now on distance covered, mine will be marking time till Croatia later in the year taking in all stops.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
I know some are getting "Confused" as that old TV Soap on 18" wheels at the minute but isn't yours a manual Mcderms so you will always be 3MPG ahead of a DSG... but perhaps I've remembered yours wrong. VW Dunn has a 4Drive manual TDI 150 thought yours was the same but perhaps I remembered it wrong.

You and Saggy will be in the lead now on distance covered, mine will be marking time till Croatia later in the year taking in all stops.
Yes, Tell, as my comments say it is a 150 diesel, so I suppose posting in this thread gives a comparison :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was starting to get concerned that my memory was going... unless Saggy gets very light footed you will always be in the lead by 3 MPG our penalty for having a DSG.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.