Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 reg silver experience DSG 1.5
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions. My car is apparently updating. I dont know how it got to that, I must have pressed a button somewhere!

1 - As it works perfectly well, I dont really need any updates so how do I stop it?
2- How is it updating when i have not connected it to the internet - does it connect itself?

TIA for any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of questions. My car is apparently updating. I dont know how it got to that, I must have pressed a button somewhere!

1 - As it works perfectly well, I dont really need any updates so how do I stop it?
2- How is it updating when i have not connected it to the internet - does it connect itself?

TIA for any advice.
I assume it is the updated version as you say a 71 plate.
It will update automatically via mobile data including Map updates. Free for one year then you pay.
If you dont cough up the payment you only get important software updates and no map updates.
It is best to get the updates as there are still a lot of known software problems which hopefully will get fixed one day.

I dont know if you can turn updates off. Perhaps someone can advise. But I think they are best left on.

·
Registered
71 reg silver experience DSG 1.5
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume it is the updated version as you say a 71 plate.
It will update automatically via mobile data including Map updates. Free for one year then you pay.
If you dont cough up the payment you only get important software updates and no map updates.
It is best to get the updates as there are still a lot of known software problems which hopefully will get fixed one day.

I dont know if you can turn updates off. Perhaps someone can advise. But I think they are best left on.
Thanks for that. I was under the (false) impression that i had to connect to the internet but obviously its done though the 'e-call' system which is fine. I have had absolutely zero software problems since getting the car new last October, so maybe they've been solved on newer models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts