Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the various country configurators it is annoying for me to see that 1.4TSI DSG versions are available in France and Spain but not in the UK. I want a Petrol DSG as I do a lot of short trips and understand a diesel is not a good idea for that. Would I be able to do a 'special' order for the UK?

Also interesting to note the prices in Spain are considerably less than France! Plus only 2 versions are available in Germany, presumably to avoid upsetting VW

http://www.seat.fr
http://www.seat.es
http://www.seat.de

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Malcster - you make a good point about the poor choice of engine/gearboxes for the Ateca. Below is a comparison I made on another forum of UK/France/German engine availability:

UK

S 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
1.6 TDi diesel 6 speed manual
SE 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.6 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto
X'L. 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual 4Drive - all 150PS
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG auto 4Drive

France

Reference1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
Style 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
1.6 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive;
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG7 auto 4Drive

Germany

Ref'ce. 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
Style 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive
1.6 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive;
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive;
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG7 auto 4Drive

As you can see, there is a much better choice elsewhere in Europe. In both France and Germany they offer the car you would like to have. Seat UK is very conservative with what they are offering at the moment. However, if you take a look at what is offered in the Leon it us much better - maybe in time the Ateca will offer better choices engine/gearbox wise.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This sounds all too familiar for Seat and Skoda, restricted engine, gearbox options. Maybe as time goes by these options will get into the UK configuration, let's hope so. When I bought my first Yeti the DSG option was not available with the 140 diesel and with the second Yeti the electric front seat was not available. However, they did after a period. Also some options were withdrawn, panoramic roof, as demand outstripped supply. As I'm not so familiar with Seat my thoughts are based on Skoda so on that theme as the EU sales are all increasing at a rate much higher than the UK you wonder whether they are restricting UK options until the initial sales orders have been established?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.