Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Vehicle insurance

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tell 
#1 ·
I hope somebody can help me.

Last time I bought a new car was before the tax disc and insurance changes and I needed to have my insurance documents with me to pick up the new car. I am aware that you can now tax cars without insurance documents but I wondered if it was still required for another reason with a new car?

In the past I have always been given a registration 2-3 weeks before I pick up the car. When it came into the country. I am not impressed with seat as they say I can pick the car up on Saturday but I have not heard anything from them and they are not good at replying. I have no registration so impossible to sort insurance out at the moment so no way I will have documents by the weekend. They have also not mentioned any temporary insurance like I have been offered in the past.

I hope someone can help. Arnold Clark for reference. Not impressed with them at all.

#2 ·
Pretty sure you get 7 days free insurance when you pick the car up, or something similar. Think that's pretty standard with new car sales. May be wrong. I have sorted my insurance in advance as I have put a hold on my current policy, I am actually due a refund when I re commence it after pick up :)

#3 ·
#4 ·
Don't know about Seat, but last time i had a new car (in 2013) with Skoda they did give me 7 days of insurance . My dealer is Arnold Clark as well i might check with them as i have to drive 150 miles to part exchange .

http://www.seat.co.uk/contact-us.html - in the contact us page it says to call a number to activate Free 5 day insurance.

#5 ·
I picked up a A3 sized Seat UKnform that you fill in with:

MODEL (full details)
REG
YEAR OF MANUFACTURE
PICK UP / DELIV DATE
SEAT DEALER NUMBER
SEAT DEALER EMAIL ADDRESS

You then phone 0330 303 6910 8am to 8pm M-F, 9-4 SAT.

They take these details down plus somemore then activate the accident & repair cover for three years, give you 5 days insurance and give you an annual quote with Seat insurance.

That's the Seat way of doing it, think some dealers may do their own thing judging by what one said to me yesterday. Seat UK want to do it this way to latch you into their annual insurance offer after the 5 days is up.

#6 ·
I have been offered this in the past but current dealer has not mentioned anything. He seems to be under the impression he doesn't need insurance documents but I can vision turning up and not being able to drive away without them. I will be able to change my insurance over no problem but the documents will come in the post so will take too long.

Also I do not have a registration number for the car so I can't sort out any insurance temporary 5 days or not. The dealer says he still doesn't have it and won't until the car actually comes in which I have never experienced before! But still says I will be able to pick up on Saturday.

#7 ·
Hmmm. The key is the plate. I thought they allow you to pick from a sequence of plate numbers they have so as to keep you sweet. They did that then I bought my Altea.

The Milton Keynes garage (Lancaster Motors) that I was talking to, said no we do all of that for customers. So I think they short circuit the process where Seat Insurance try to sell you their wears. They wouldn't be happy with that. I got to do all of this, whether cheaper to modify my current insurance, use Seat or a complete new company.

#8 ·
I did a confused.com last night and yes the Ateca is known to insurers and without a number plate got some decent quotes. I did update my personal circumstances which appear more stade to an insurer and reflected my long no claims bonus, Think my current insurer is now expensive..... will have to look at the costs of getting out of that and tell them the quote elsewhere for a match etc. Things to be done at pick up time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.