Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2.0 Diesel Advance 4drive (Beige Millefiori which is Cappuccino in other locations I think) on Feb 6 and as yet I don't have a build date, my dealer indicated a lead time of 5 months so when reasonably should I be able to expect a build date? Do I need to start pressing the dealer a bit harder?

·
Registered
778 Posts
pharring said:
I ordered my 2.0 Diesel Advance 4drive (Beige Millefiori which is Cappuccino in other locations I think) on Feb 6 and as yet I don't have a build date, my dealer indicated a lead time of 5 months so when reasonably should I be able to expect a build date? Do I need to start pressing the dealer a bit harder?
Hiya Pharring and welcome to the forums!

Each country is different in terms of lead times and so on (just see the poor guys from Denmark - 8 months!).

From what I've experienced and read on this forum the process goes something like this:

1. Dealer submits order to Seat within a day or so of you ordering
  2. Order starts to progress through Seat's systems
  3. About 1 - 2 weeks later Seat schedule the build and give your dealer an "unconfirmed" build date/week
  4. Every week Seat issue an order update to the dealer indicating the latest "unconfirmed" build date/week
  5. Close to the actual build time (2-3 weeks) the car configuration is locked down (cannot be changed) and your order progresses to a "confirmed" build date
  6. Car is manufactured on confirmed build date/week
  7. Following couple of days the car is then shipped to onward destination

Whilst you have an "unconfirmed" build date it will change (most times by a little - a week late and then a week earlier), some folks have experienced massive delays (see MIssy's thread - week 19 to week 31!), but that is I suspect because of her tow-bar on the order (tow bars and the 1.4 TSi engine seem to be adding the most delays).

When "confirmed" that's it, it will be built that week.

For transport to the UK the car is loaded on to a train at the factory in the Czech republic, taken to the German port of Emden, sat at the docks for 1-2 weeks waiting for the ship transport to the UK, sat at the UK docks for up to a week for the dealer to arrange road transport. For Italy I suspect your car will go by train from the factory direct to Italy somewhere.

You should already have an estimated build date by now - have you actually asked your dealer? Uk has been fairly good about giving out that information, some countries like Denmark don't know or don't want to say. If you haven't asked your dealer yet then you should! If you have then you'll just have to keep chasing every week or two I suspect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's helpful. I wasn't aware of the 'unconfirmed' date, I have been told by dealer to await the confirmed date. Will get back to them and see if they can shed any more light on it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Very useful information there Etchings - thanks.

i have also heard that they only do confirmed build dates 3-4 weeks before they start production..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts