Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....before I consider ordering an Ateca. I want a petrol-engined model, but the present 1.4 has a high Co2 output. VW have announced a new and less polluting engine line-up for 2017 (e.g. on here http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-volkswagen-golf-facelift-revealed-new-exclusive-pictures) and the 1.5 looks a better proposition. With VAG group cars having model year (i.e. 2018) changes at about week 24 - from previous experience as a Leon owner - I will wait until any changes are announced. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Previous experience as a consumer tells me there will always be a better, fancier, more efficient version on the horizon of whichever thingamabob I'm just about buy. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
dimucci said:
....before I consider ordering an Ateca. I want a petrol-engined model, but the present 1.4 has a high Co2 output. VW have announced a new and less polluting engine line-up for 2017 (e.g. on here http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-volkswagen-golf-facelift-revealed-new-exclusive-pictures) and the 1.5 looks a better proposition. With VAG group cars having model year (i.e. 2018) changes at about week 24 - from previous experience as a Leon owner - I will wait until any changes are announced. Fingers crossed.
Hi Dimucci, If your just waiting for the 1.5 engine as it has lower c02 and therefore lower Car Tax then don't bother. Read this thread on the new Tax changes for any car registered after 1st April this year. Pretty much all cars are £140 now unless fully electric :roll:

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=574

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Co2 emissions are my priority, not the tax - although lower would be nicer, of course. The alternative is a 1.5 Kadjar, lower emissions again, but a diesel with NOx concerns.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorte Per said:
Previous experience as a consumer tells me there will always be a better, fancier, more efficient version on the horizon of whichever thingamabob I'm just about buy. ;)
So true... if you are not careful you will end up waiting for ever, and never actually buying anything! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
If it's going to happen it would be in the spring but obviously will put those people who ordered a 1.4 noses out of joint. 2018 perhaps. VW keep the best bits and the costly bits to their main VW brand and Audi, then release them to Seat and Skoda. It may be they think Seat and Skoda customers don't want to pay the premium until the costs come down. Fully electronic dash is another. You get a baby boot in the Kadjar.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
As I have already said on another thread, if VAG were going to put the new engine in a SEAT it would be going in the Leon facelift which they have not done.

At the moment they really do not want to stimulate sales of the Ateca as they cannot keep up with the demand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Past experience with VW, Skoda and SEAT indicates main change announcements late April/early May. That was the case with our Leon and previous Golf. No engine change to the 1.5, no Ateca purchase by us. We will look elsewhere. The Ateca would, however, be our preference with the 1.5, after an excellent Leon experience.
Tell: The Kadjar boot is more than ample for our requirements and the Renault is very impressive in all the areas that matter to us (apart from the NOx) and with a four year warranty/breakdown cover, compared to SEAT's three/two.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Kadjar failed my famous chiller box test it's not high enough. At the time of looking at it they didn't have a 4WD DSG option they needed a more powerful engine yet to be released. That was 2015. I don't think that's changed. The partner hates the Kadjar shape so my name would be muck in any case.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I looked at the Kadjar as well but cant get away with its look to be honest, and the small boot. Plus it has lost every group test against the Ateca. No brainer in my opinion, but you seem decided by the engine choice so not sure why you haven't just gone with that? As others have said pretty unlikely the 1.5 will come to Ateca this year. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
9g/km differance? Really?

If I were that conscious about emissions I don't think I'd be driving at all :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
David_S said:
9g/km differance? Really?

If I were that conscious about emissions I don't think I'd be driving at all :lol:
Same bhp (148) and 3.4mpg more and that's purely hypothetical. It all depends on driving style, type of commuting, what the weightload is etc. I'm with David on this!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kindness71 said:
I looked at the Kadjar as well but cant get away with its look to be honest, and the small boot. Plus it has lost every group test against the Ateca. No brainer in my opinion, but you seem decided by the engine choice so not sure why you haven't just gone with that? As others have said pretty unlikely the 1.5 will come to Ateca this year. :D
I would prefer SEAT to indicate that the 1.5 will not be coming for the Ateca, not rely on guess work from posters. On the subject of the Kadjar, I am only remotely interested in what journos have to say in a group test. As the buyer, it is my opinion and requirements that matter. There is some indication that Renault will be revamping the Kadjar later this year, both in terms of engine line-up and equipment. I am not in a position to buy as yet, hence no decision having been made.
The model Kadjar I have in mind has C02 emissions of 99 and I would want (as I have already indicated) a petrol engine as a preference with a figure close to that. Other forms of drive are out of the question for practical and cost reasons.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
dimucci said:
Kindness71 said:
I would prefer SEAT to indicate that the 1.5 will not be coming for the Ateca, not rely on guess work from posters. On the subject of the Kadjar, I am only remotely interested in what journos have to say in a group test. As the buyer, it is my opinion and requirements that matter. There is some indication that Renault will be revamping the Kadjar later this year, both in terms of engine line-up and equipment. I am not in a position to buy as yet, hence no decision having been made.
The model Kadjar I have in mind has C02 emissions of 99 and I would want (as I have already indicated) a petrol engine as a preference with a figure close to that. Other forms of drive are out of the question for practical and cost reasons.
Fair do, but why bother posting on here if you have no interest in peoples opinions or "guess work" as you put it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Fair do, but why bother posting on here if you have no interest in peoples opinions or "guess work" as you put it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Quite right. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
This thread scores a 10 on my Bizarr-o-meter.

Interested in minimal possible CO2 but wants petrol not diesel?
Thinks a car launched in the last 6 months will suddenly get a new engine?
Is obsessed about CO2 as an absolute figure but probably has a gas boiler at home, eats meat etc.
Is still considering internal combustion not EV with the above priorities.

Odd.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Odd? That's putting it mildly!

I might buy a Seat Ateca but only if they put the new 1.5 Tsi VW engine, that's not been put in any road vehicle yet, in it. And if they won't, then I may have to buy a Renault Kadgar diesel engined vehicle that I don't really want to do because I'm concerned about CO2 emissions. Sod it, I'll catch the bus...but only if.....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Excalibrates said:
eats meat
Methane ?? or the fart tax as they call it in NZ.... that converts into CO2 once combusted.... I think I've got it :).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts