Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No worries it has that little flashing red light on the passenger side when locked. I'd been working on the basis mirrors up it's locked and also counted the indicator flashes. Think the best method is mirrors up and red indicator flashing on the passenger side then walk away.

Thanks for the previous threads on locking it. You cover the the front door handle groove sensor with your hand if Kessey and a few seconds later the mirrors folds and the passenger side by the mirror starts flashing - its locked. I always checked on my old car on the flashing light which is definitive.

So I've gone fully keyless although there will be a time when I forget the keys.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's locked after one second of holding the door handle, or one click of the fob key. The extra seconds is just for the folding mirrors. It's locked whether the mirrors are in or out.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Isn't it one to lock and two in quick succession to switch off internal sensors (if dogs in it or a passenger you've kidnapped) ?

I am being serious ... there is something that stops the internal sensors I think

I have not read the 900 page manual though and I'll make it up as I go along :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Saggy said:
Isn't it one to lock and two in quick succession to switch off internal sensors (if dogs in it or a passenger you've kidnapped) ?

I am being serious ... there is something that stops the internal sensors I think

I have not read the 900 page manual though and I'll make it up as I go along :)
Don't know that one! Useful if true. Already had one case of alarm going off when I left the kids in car for 30 seconds to grab something from the house. At least I know the alarm works!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saggy - shall I deal with the easy ones first and come back to that.

Leon - waiting for the weekend and so outstanding background if I can find one. Perhaps a boat yard / nautical thing if I can get the car down there and the sea is not in. Perhaps a village church. Weather's got to be good.

Magpie - rather than holding you put the back of your hand or palm across the half inch indent to lock - no need to get hold of the cold metal, that's the sensor so you don't need to grab the handle. Special training from my dealer probably since he knew the virtual pedal doesn't work - they hope for a solution in a week on that. Then as you say keep it there till the mirrors go up. I wouldn't leave it round here with the mirrors out they would get knocked. I'm use to the visual flashing light check so I was pleased I found the LED that does it. The old car would make clicking sounds when it wasn't locked, like hitting the open button rather than close, so I always did a visual check and instructed the partner to do the same.

Saggy - Page 123. There is a button inside the car shown in the figure 128. You turn the ignition off and press the button, the button will light up. You lock the car and internal sensing is turned off. Returns to normal mode after you open the door. I don't think you can keep it turned off permanently unless there is some other car screen that might do this.

I'm glad you asked that question (useful board it is), page 119, shows the message I keep getting but had not got down to the bottom of it "Do not forget the Safelock. Please see Instruction Manual". I think that's telling me I will lock the partner in the car if I walk off and they won't be able to get out.... not that I've ever accidentally done that ;).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Magpie - page 119 of the manual

It is to do with safe lock the 2 button press

Key twice within 2 seconds or touch handle twice and safelock is disabled and anyone in vehicle can still get out from inside

I'm trying to look up about the internal alarm

There is something you can do I'm sure

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some people don't read do they ;).

I'm going out to the car so I'll take a picture of the button, I think it's in the side pillar.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just put a finger on the indent. If you place your hand over the handle and try and lock with your thumb it doesn't work, that action obviously triggers the unlock sensor. That's what I was doing the first day I had it, and why I couldn't lock it without using the keyfob.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I can read tell

But I was word blind by the time I got that far in the message ;-)

Thank you :mrgreen:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magpie - I use the back handed method to lock the car and yes the penny drooped that I could just hold the front handle and not pull if I wanted to open the back door. I've got it on all doors open / lock on the configuration setting. Can't be bothered with opening the drivers door and pressing the unlock all button. So it's on central lock and unlock.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell
2 unlocks opens the other doors I believe in quick succession (first does drivers and second click does rest )
No need to open and do the inside button

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saggy said:
Tell
2 unlocks opens the other doors I believe in quick succession (first does drivers and second click does rest )
No need to open and do the inside button
That's hard work so I have set it up to open all doors as in central locking and unlocking, it's in the car settings :). Same as Magpie, at delivery it just open's the drivers door.

It was too dark to find that button. Will have a look tomorrow, I recall my Altea had the button as well, failing that it was my Citroen before.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are nasty things can happen if the battery is flat and you have to take emergency action. That's covered in the manual. I seem to recall steering locks and ughhh. Best not to flatten the battery.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Well seeing as im a single Billy no mates and I go everywhere alone I'll leave mine as just drivers door

That way a mugger can't jump in the passenger seat in a car park as I get in :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Djotun said:
And what is purpose of mechanical key in the key fob? :?
Only to unlock a reservoir? Don't get it
The driver's door has a keyhole hidden under a removable flap. This can be used in an emergency.

Page 11 in the manual explains how you use it if the central locking fails.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The battery etc. The partner reading over my shoulder on yhe 12 hours flight said the manual is preoccupied with locking and unlocking. I agreed, I need another flight to finish it off. The important thing to remember is the car is keyless but your property isn't so you can't get too blazey.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saggy said:
Well seeing as im a single Billy no mates and I go everywhere alone I'll leave mine as just drivers door

That way a mugger can't jump in the passenger seat in a car park as I get in :shock: :lol:
I can see the advantage. The issue I get was putting my coat in the back, bags etc so too much fumbling to open the drivers door and pressing to unlock the rest. I'm use to fast entry of central unlocking.

I don't know what happens if someone drives off and you have the keys once started and out of it. I guess it will protest in one form or another since the keys aren't in the car. It will be in the manual for sure....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts