Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First long business trip in the Ateca yesterday and today, very enjoyable from Cambridge to Merthyr Tydfil and back over 2 days, and averaged 57.5mpg which I am very pleased with (1.6TDI)
Being Wales in February, much of the journey was blighted with rain, and came across a rather unfortunate "feature" of the Ateca, I doubt SEAT get that much rain in Spain (except mainly on the plain), so may not have experienced this.
Plenty of standing water on the roof of the car as I went to get in, but opening the door caused the balance/centre of gravity of the car to shift slightly, launching a stream of water to build up and flow towards the roof above the drivers now open door. Previous cars I've driven have all had a gully along here which directed the water down the windscreen but the Ateca seems to miss this, and a stream of water flowed over the edge dropping straight on to the drivers seat and door sill :evil: Fortunately I had a spare jumper to mop up and place on the drivers seat to save me from a wet backside for the 200+ mile drive home
Anyone else had a similar experience, and if so any suggestions to help combat it?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I've spotted that once (I opened the door and got wet) and water falling into the tailgate as it went up. Aesthetics and drainage channels probably don't go together.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I did get something similar the other week when it had been raining hard. I didn't open the door, just the drivers side window and the water started pouring in. On cars you usually get a few drips if raining as wind blows it in, but not a stream :shock: Guess it was same cause due to missing drainage channels. :roll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here. It was raining yesterday and I opened the rear door to strap my youngest in his child seat. Water came in when I opened the door. It wasn't a swimming pool, but enough to be annoying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not the only one then - yesterdays rain didn't have the same effect so will see if it needs any solution in the future

1 - 5 of 5 Posts