Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I note it seems to tell a slightly different story on the infotainment as to what is in and out over the models. The satnav functionality to the head end is a module so you see the screen thinking they all have it when they haven't, then there is the advanced model that isn't standard on any of them, Seat Navigation Plus.

I do hope to get mine before Xmas. Hopefully Seat UK may want some panoramic roof cars on the roads in the UK earlier than later and get them built.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the UK the excellence models have the standard Navi pack. The Navi Plus offers a few, not really useful extra functions and I don't think it is worth the money unless you want onboard WiFi and the ability to play a DVD film.

In Spain you can have it without either Navi unit, but if you do, then you cannot have some of the clever driver aids.

As for the sunroof, when the Leon Mk3 came out there were big delays for models with the sunroof, however, in France, the sunroof is standard fit, not an option, so it's anyone's guess.

Life would be so much simpler if we all had the same options.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The S according to that review doesn't have satnav, otherwise called "media system touch colour".

I'm having the Navi Plus, I know there is an army of Leon owners that discount it. Then there are Golf owners that love it badged up as Discovery Pro. My understanding is you won't be able to upload POIs and speed cameras if it isn't a Plus.

You didn't mention the way point mode for those desert journeys that only the navigation plus will allow. The Grace Notes library held on the jukebox. The faster navigation system it until moving data on and off the SD card. No good having a 4x4 if you can't take it into a desert :).

I spent a lot of time researching the VW Discover and Discover Pro and concluded I'd get the best else I'd spend the next 12 years with the car regretting it. The pricing of the option is wrong since that feels like a complete new unit whilst what you are doing is opting for the higher model. Cue my moan about leather seat since I don't want them and could have saved £1,000 if you could option them out. Whilst the Navigation Plus feels like a rip off on price. Basically I'm having everything on a 4X4 DSG apart from the tow bracket so fellow Ateca owners can say I wouldn't pay for that.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interestingly the S (and in Spain the Reference models) seem to have only just appeared on the configurator. They really are pretty basic and the options list is very restricted - however that will suit some people.

You need the tow bar as you might find something worth towing on your desert journeys :) :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I can't remember seeing the SE Technology before. This I think they have slipped in more recently. The Ateca spec I had printed out earlier has the S in it, but not the SE Technology, just the SE. May be the SE Technology replaces the First Edition once they are out of the marketing framework, perhaps.

I have done desert journeys in Jordan but they were on un mapped roads so you sat with your general mapping app, driving along judging whether it was in the direction you wanted to go. Guessing at the junctions as to whether that road would take you to the mapped which was 30 miles ahead. Google covered the north well, OpenStreet the bottom crowd sourced, but not much in the middle to the east.

It might be related subject but I took these pictures at the time to show to the German developer of the app that it was measuring 1,328 ft below sea level. Spent along drive below sea level going up side of the Dead Sea. Sounds are weird, everything is dead, but the tap water worked a treat at removing lime-scale off your watch bracelet. Had more time in Jordan than expected, the Iceland volcano went up, no flight, so the airline company booked us in for a flight 14 days latter then didn't answer the phone again. Money talks, so you probably could have got home quicker so we said fine we'll extend the break. Saw a lot of the Goland Heights, the occupied territories, Palestine refuge camps etc. Got picked up by the army and thrown into the back of a 4x4 pickup with the machine gun mounted on the back and taken to a check point. We were too close to the Syria border for their liking (crusaders cave wasn't a good place to go too) and that was before the trouble kicked off. Can say it's not a comfortable ride in the back of a 4x4 pickup on desert roads. Experienced a bit of GPS jamming from Syria where the signal just went so you had to re track back the way you came until you got the signal back.

They are way points marked up.

(he needs a bit of dental work)

In developed countries I run a standard satnav road app on my tablet or use the one built into the rental car in Japan or both, then use this app to view progress. Good idea not to disturb the routine app to find out where you are.

My 4x4 will just kick in on snow. I won't be taking it to the desert and will be avoiding off road, had too many punctures in South America doing that. Did have one at the Dead Sea but got the nice hotel staff to change it :). That's why I'm having a spare since you can get a puncture which isn't good on the continent where everything closes on a Sunday, so that spare comes in handy and the breakdown man to change it :). British potholes had ruptured the side wall.

Enjoy :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.