Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum.
DH and I test drove an Ateca yesterday and are keen to place an order. We like the 2.0 xcellance but just wondered what extras were worth adding? So far thinking the spare tyre, mud flaps and boot protection. Any trims worth adding?
Tia :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Heated windscreen, adaptive cruise control, top view camera :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Top view not forgetting the park assist else you won't get ultrasound on the front which is the full parking / proximity thing. Heated front windscreen for cold climates. Panoramic roof if wanting to go for the summer bright look. I'm not a big fan of ACC and traffic assist although I've got it preferring to drive the car myself. Traffic sign recognition and satnav for your beeps and squeaks for speeding and cameras. Spare of course.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's funny about the spare wheel, a lot of people want them, myself included.
My current car is coming up to 7 years old and the only time the spare wheel has been out of the boot space was to install some additional sound deadening material. I really can't remember the last time I had a puncture..............................but wouldn't dream of going out without a spare :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It was about 15 years ago in Auchan in Luxembourg that my ZX made weird noises in the understorey car park which you get from rubber on supermarket car park underground floors. Getting back to the Campanile I looked at the front wheel and it had a massive wall bulge. Then it unravelled that Saturday afternoon through to Monday was a day of rest for tyre places in Luxembourg, being good Roman Catholics on the Sunday, so drove back to the UK on a skinny Sunday. Never had a car without a spare but this incident was one of those where tyre kits aren't appropriate a ruptured sidewall will blow out irrespective of putting sealant in it and tyre places were just closed from Saturday to Monday. The spare saved the day getting home as planned. Other punctures since then just put plenty of air in them and headed for a tyre place.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Brewer37 said:
...what extras were worth adding? So far thinking the spare tyre, mud flaps and boot protection. Any trims worth adding?
1st extra box that most folk tick is metallic paint !!! (Or Bila white if you can't stretch that far.)

Depends on how the individual uses their car and your expectations.

For example folk have ordered a heated windscreen at £160 which they are happy with. To me it seems a bit daft if you're only going to use it a few times a year (I've had several Fords which came with heated screen as std) and to be perfectly honest, whilst the heated windscreen and rearscreen are on, you'll still be outside scraping or de-icing the side windows :lol: I can clear my windscreen faster than the elements can so it's £160 wasted IMO, but everyone is different.

I'd have liked the pano roof to lighten up the darker interior on the Xcellence but don't use my car that much to justify £950.

I don't get the mudflap thingy on cars like the Ateca. The design is such the wheels hardly throw any muck up on to the car, besides - I regularly clean my car so what's the point? You'll see a post re: poor rear door design in which debris can gather and possibly cause corrosion thru time. Well it's the same with mudflaps to be honest, they're only held on with a couple of screws so you'll get muck getting stuck between the flap and the car which is never a great idea.

Boot protection? Again everyone to their own. SEAT official boot liner is double (if not more) the price of a custom made boot liner you can buy from a specialst store. In that sense it's not worth it. And then when you consider a simple thick plastic sheet which you can buy for only a few pence and that sheet not only protects the floor but the sides and the seatbacks too, well it makes paying £££'s for SEAT's bootliner look rather silly IMO.

Park Assist - £500? Cheaper buying a couple of lessons from a driving instructor and learning to drive. :lol: I mean, come on, Xcellence has parking sensors and a rear camera as std - If folk are still having trouble parking... :oops: I had autopark as std on my Ford - it's a gimmick - It get's used it a few times, you think that's clever, you show off to a few friends and then for the rest of the car's life, park it yourself because self-parking takes at least three times as long. (assuming it finds a space, it doesn't always work).

The only thing I wished I'd have ordered was the spare wheel and double floor as it makes sliding items in/out of boot so much more easier. That's not available if you have the 4x4 version but if you order a spare wheel, that'll raise the boot floor for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your replies. I've written a list of possible extras and will go back to the dealer and get a price. It will definitely be the xcellance 2.0 in Lava Blue with a pana roof!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Brewer37 said:
Thank you for all your replies. I've written a list of possible extras and will go back to the dealer and get a price. It will definitely be the xcellance 2.0 in Lava Blue with a pana roof!
If it is not too late for you. Autotrader have a video on YouTube that advises on best extras for use and re-sale value. I added the link below.

·
Registered
931 Posts
pgb said:
If it is not too late for you. Autotrader have a video on YouTube that advises on best extras for use and re-sale value. I added the link below.

'
Talk is cheap. What you'll NEVER find is anyone who claims certain options will boost the re-sale value, giving you examples.

Back in 2004 I bought a 3 series coupe and was told I was mad not to add leather, a £1300 option, as this would affect the resale value. Both popular motoring press and a used car dealer friend of mine said the same. When I came to sell they were right... a car with leather returned £300 more. The fact I'd have been £1000 worse off if I'd chosen leather didn't seem to register with these clowns.

Hate it when people say things parrot fashion without any thought - that Autotrader clip is a classic example. Xcellence is most popular trim - really? I see lots of Ateca's around these parts, the vast majority are SE-T and then it's SE. And their own adverts for used Ateca's back this up. Never seen that many Xcellence on the road tbh.

And as for options - on the used market you'd be lucky to see £100 return on your £900 sunroof investment, you'll get nothing in return for an electric tailgate or heated windscreen or adaptive cruise. If they actually read the adverts in their own magazine, they'd soon realise all the evidence points to that bloke talking bollocks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Its like doing things to a house. It doesn't affect how much you'll get back on selling really, but just improves the saleability.

Few years back I bought an Astra with a pano up n over screen and full glass roof, I just really liked the look of it and it sold me.
When I sold it, put it on eBay expecting it to be months, and it went the same day. Buyer said they saw the roof and just wanted it..

Sightings must vary around the country.
I have seen maybe a dozen XL locally now, just one S, and the only other one SE I seen is my brother in laws.

Don't want to jinx myself now, but it's been at least 14-15yrs since I've needed to use a spare!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
The video is dated October 2016, most of the Ateca on the road at that point would have been dealer cars, so yes, the top spec might have been the most popular at that time.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep, agree that options don't really add much to the re-sale value, just ease of a sell. I got the options I wanted, not the options I thought would be popular with buyers when I come to part with my Ateca many years down the line. Of course, after ordering I had pangs of buyer's remorse as a result but then I kept reminding myself - I'm simply not going to use ACC and heated windscreen so why bother spending money on them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts