Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Got an e-mail to say car arrives Wednesday :D .

Apart from checking SD card present by putting in destinations for the sat nav; spare wheel has its foam surrounds, top view ok, mirrors go in and out, windows up and down and central locking ok, what else should be on the check list over and above checking 4 wheels and VIN match?

No auto tailgate so no foot waggling, but has a common niggles list been drawn up?

Cheers

Bob

Soon to be ex-ten years crv

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
welcome to the forum Bob

I've just checked the notes I took on my phone to collect mine ............. and you've covered all I asked

one other check is the colour you asked for ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Make sure you don't miss any damage inside and out. Mine was a launch car and I still don't have any issues. You will love it. Two and a bit months and I've still not seen another! :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Since they built mine without the wireless charger and it only had one driver footlight and not passenger could check. I suspect Navi Plus led to both my difficulties.

Aerial mounted and not left off.

If any safety / automation aids they appear on the menus.

Got your tank of AdBlue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tyre pressures, paint thickness (anything can happen when they unload the car from the ship etc.), wipers (the ones I have are so loud, I didn't check in the first place).

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could check for other people's phones connected to your Bluetooth and full link, finger prints on the touch screen and steering wheel, even bum prints on the seats. Enjoy it. If you have any issues raise hell, but you won't because it's great and you will love it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bob said:
Hi All
Got an e-mail to say car arrives Wednesday :D .

Apart from checking SD card present by putting in destinations for the sat nav; spare wheel has its foam surrounds, top view ok, mirrors go in and out, windows up and down and central locking ok, what else should be on the check list over and above checking 4 wheels and VIN match?

No auto tailgate so no foot waggling, but has a common niggles list been drawn up?

Cheers

Bob

Soon to be ex-ten years crv
Ditto..

Mine was a 57 crv iii - the Ateca is something else and tows beautifully...
No regrets, so far....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.
Delivered tonight, so sitting on the drive in the dark. Bit of condensation in the front lights and no complementary boil or adblue; currently fighting the sat nav.

Any clue on entering RG27 9NN ??? Seen the post about second search button but can't find it, so numpty steps would be appreciated as ten year old Honda does this with ease and I'm feeling Luddite like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so
Nav. Button
New dest. Screen top right,
may need Options top left and search if prefilled
QQ. Forces no results
Enter address. Middle of the screen
City. Middle of the screen
Postcode. Bottom left of screen
RG279NN. Success

Thank you google!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Bob,

I don't have an Ateca (yet!) but on my 2 year old Peugeot,which has a factory fitted sat-nav, it took me quite some time to work out that a post code is actually entered in place of the 'Town' (or 'City'), and it also only showed acceptable entries, which was quit handy!

Hope this makes sense, and is of some help to you! :)

EDIT: I can see that while I was typing my reply, you have sussed it out anyway, so please feel free to all of the above, as it is probably all different now anyway! :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Montana. I even found the proper thread to post too to, and better half fettled the instructions. Done 2 miles ... so far so good ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.