Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

What would you guys look for, when you pick up your seat?

Ofcourse everyone is looking for scratches and so on. But do you guys also, try all the small things? Checking if the electric hood is working, navi, sound, apple CarPlay, wipers and so on?

After leasing a few cars, this is my first new car which im buying - there for a lot of questions.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Wireless charger present if it's suppose to be. Both front floor foot lights. Heated wing mirrors work. That's a bit tricky if it's not cold. Those were my three delivery faults.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cheers Tell, picked mine up Wednesday armed with a good list taken from forum for items either missing or not working. Not had much time with car, due to driving van to work, but very pleased to say all items were ticked so far. Try to get out in it over weekend.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Taffy2 glad you are getting enjoyment from it. Once I get my temporary mirror replaced with the blind spot one I will have all my niggles sorted :). It is a good car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My delivery faults were:
- Floppy Right Hand Front Windscreen Wiper Blade
(Seriously, about 6 inches of it isn't rigid and as such it doesn't wipe a small portion of the windscreen.)

- Little bit of trim loose on the driver's door.
(It's not a problem, really, but it squeaks if you press on it, it's just a little corner isn't pushed into it's retaining tabs correctly.)

- Clear coat scratch just above the near-side rear door, under the roof rail, almost.

These ones may not be a delivery issue, more a car issue in general:
-USB ports will randomly shut off when using Android Auto/Full Link/USB Stick for Music. Won't turn back on until the system has completely powered down (i.e. the car has been turned off and locked for about 10 minutes.)

- SEAT Drive Profile Selector Switch does nothing.
The lights change to show it's detecting you changing between Normal/ECO/Sport/Individual, but the screen shows nothing and the steering/pedal response/etc doesn't change.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Simp, just picked my Ateca up and so far so good, there has been a couple of faults or defects noted on the forum so went armed with this little list.
No1 SD card missing or not reading
No2 Aerial fitted
No3 rear door trim coming away
No4 mats all round
No5 wireless phone charger tray there
No6 heated wing mirrors working
No7 missing footwell lights
Most of these were on early delivery cars and I think teething problems are to be expected which I think Seat have sorted their act out, because so far faultless from me :p and it's a great drive for an SUV, you will enjoy yours I'm sure. When you picking yours up ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!

Thank you so much for all the answers.

I will use this list, when picking up my Ateca!

I'm about to have my car in the end of February. Been waiting since the beginning of october.

@Taffy2
I can see you have a black Ateca. Not many have chosen this color - But i have also :)
What do you think about the color on Ateca?
I can't wait to see the car, being all black.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good morning,

Could somebody please confirm if carpet mats come with an Ateca as standard.
I cannot find anywhere in the Seat blurb that they do and my dealer has a sticker on the display model saying £75 extra

Tim

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tim The Pines said:
Good morning,

I cannot find anywhere in the Seat blurb that they do and my dealer has a sticker on the display model saying £75 extra

Tim
Generally, they are 'extras' but, many dealers do throw them in as part of the deal. Depends on what margins your dealer is working on.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Leon said:
Tim The Pines said:
Good morning,

Tim
Generally, they are 'extras' but, many dealers do throw them in as part of the deal. Depends on what margins your dealer is working on.
No with Ateca's they are factory put in and free. My dealer played a game on me saying they could give me these when they were free and come pre installed. The factory ones clip in.

They are carpet, not rubber, so those outdoor types that bring mud, snow etc into the car get rid of them and replace them for rubber so they can hose them down. Us country walkers change our boots outside back to shoes. I can see you would get a sodden mess in snow. I've always had carpet / rubber mix till now so snow clumps melt on the rubber bit of the mat.

Lidl are about to do £6-99 mats in three sizes. I don't ponce about with designer mats, take out carpet scissors and cut to size. I'm going to have a look at these decide whether to continue with the fitted carpet ones or not. Carpets impractical in bad weather conditions or if you live up a farm lane etc. Normally I buy the carpet rubber mix from Halfords. I continued with the free mats so far.

BTW Wickes do £10 two step which can be used for car cleaning. They aren't as solid and big as the ones I'm keeping indoors.

Good list up top Taffy2.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Simp, was going for white but now glad better half changed my mind as the black magic looks terrific with the chrome/silver bits on it, really sets it off more so than any other colour I think. Have bought extunal door trims, front fog covers and lower front grill just to really make it classy although it doesn't need the extras to do that. Will post some pics as soon as get chance. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another issue I've been having is sometimes I struggle to get the car to go into Gear 1 from Neutral. I have to release the clutch and depress it again to get the gearstick to lock into Gear 1. It's a weird one, I don't know why it happens.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Stiff ?.... I suspect that will work loose. From years ago with my Uno it was like that. You retry. Think you will find it will loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Simp11 said:
Hello!

Thank you so much for all the answers.

I will use this list, when picking up my Ateca!

I'm about to have my car in the end of February. Been waiting since the beginning of october.

@Taffy2
I can see you have a black Ateca. Not many have chosen this color - But i have also :)
What do you think about the color on Ateca?
I can't wait to see the car, being all black.
Simp, posted a few photos of my black magic Ateca on the forum gallery page if you want to see how good the black colour looks, will post more once extra chrome bits added, she looks even better in the flesh, best colour choice if I say so myself. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.