Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You lucky people who have their glimmering new ateca's, what tyre brands are on the feet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Steveateca said:
You lucky people who have their glimmering new ateca's, what tyre brands are on the feet?
Continental, Summer and Winter :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bridgestone one mine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
trogette said:
Ours are Falken. Why are they all different?!
i think its up to the dealer what they will sell you, and or what the customer want to buy :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
LMose said:
trogette said:
i think its up to the dealer what they will sell you, and or what the customer want to buy :)
Surely the tyres are fitted at the factory, and not by the dealer?

I don't really think that the customer has much say on that point either.

The ones I saw on a showroom model were Hankooks, or something like that. (Thanks Minnie!)

A set of Bridgestones would be good though... I had those on an old Freelander, and was very satisfied with them!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes factory fitted. As I muttered on another thread my front and rear ones come from different manufacturers.

In 19" spec choice becomes reduced. Falken which mine aren't is a Japanese / Dunlop venture use to run on them they were fine. Think I'll switch to Dunlop when I change mine they had good wet weather handling when I looked at some tables and costs recently.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Zooming in on my pics, as too cold to get up and go look, my drivers side front Is Bridgestone
Presume rest are lol
Will try remember to look in morning

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Wouldn't guarantee that one, I'll try to note mine down tomorrow but was surprised they had fitted different makes on front and back.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Zooming in on my pics, as too cold to get up and go look, my drivers side front Is Bridgestone
Presume rest are lol
Will try remember to look in morning
Bridgestone Turanza's all round on ours; neighbours are Hankooks.

We're on standard 18s wheels for the Xcellence; he has 19s bi-colour alloys. I wonder whether it varies by wheel design, at least in part? Otherwise maybe just down to availability of supplies? I've heard SEAT have several contracted tyre suppliers for & in different markets, which would make sense.

Tell's different tyres F & R might be symptomatic of the other build issues he seems to have had with the car?.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Friday afternoon.... No I think the passenger foot light is linked to the lack of wireless charger where their build tables for those that ordered the Navigation Plus got the wireless charger deleted (they accepted that as the cause). The passenger footwell light they want to see that, not knowing of this issue although it's known in Germany. Tyres probably picked up what they had available on the day. Bet there are other 19" people with that one.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bridgestone Turanza's All round on mine too : :mrgreen:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Mine are Bridgestone on the front, Dueler at the back and funny enough say Dueler at the front as well and Bridgestone at the back :mrgreen:

Evidently I had a bad floaters day when I read them... sorry about that.

Bridgestone Duller H/P is the full name, mind you when they are warn out I'll probably opt for Dunlop.

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/passenger_tires/dueler/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Montala said:
LMose said:
trogette said:
Surely the tyres are fitted at the factory, and not by the dealer?

I don't really think that the customer has much say on that point either.

The ones I saw on a showroom model were Hankooks, or something like that. (Thanks Minnie!)

A set of Bridgestones would be good though... I had those on an old Freelander, and was very satisfied with them!
Well we got asked by the dealer what kind we wanted , we could choose between dunlop and Continental :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Perhaps in Denmark they option this in LMose, due to the kind of weather you experience and tyres are treated more seriously than here in the UK.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry 'LMose' ... I hadn't picked up that you were in Denmark!

I have never heard of anyone in the UK being offered a choice of tyres, although I wouldn't go as far as to say that it hasn't ever happened!

Just not to me anyway, and I have bought more than a few new cars over the years!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just had a check of mine again fitted with Bridgestone Turanza T001 225/50 R18 95W all round.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts