Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I used the Seat website to configure my new Ateca SE Tech., there was no other option for wheels than the 18" Bi-colour ones.
However, I much prefer the 18" Performance ones offered on the Xcellence.
I've sent my dealer an email asking if they are able to offer me this change, but I thought I'd ask on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar 'issue'.
I'm hoping that, because 18" is the standard size for the SE and SE Tech, I might be in luck.
Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As far as I'm aware there is no option to get the 18" performance wheels on the SE tech.

Just like there is no option to get the 18" Bicoloured alloys on the Xcellence. A few people on here have asked dealers previously and we're told no.

G

·
You will easily find someone who has an Xcellence who would like to swap with you.
I definitely would if mine wasn't on personal contract hire so has to go back in 3 years.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ps5108 said:
When I used the Seat website to configure my new Ateca SE Tech., there was no other option for wheels than the 18" Bi-colour ones.
I've sent my dealer an email asking if they are able to offer me this change, but I thought I'd ask on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar 'issue'.
I'm hoping that, because 18" is the standard size for the SE and SE Tech, I might be in luck.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Wheel preference is like Marmite. If you keep the forum updated on your proposed delivery date you may be able to dovetail a swap. I'd almost suggest a separate thread for just this issue as an ongoing database. I took my 17s off as soon as I got home, but I wouldn't want to swap after too long if I was looking to swap. The logistics involved could also be prohibitive although the mechanics of a swap are easy. This also assumes you're not obliged to return the car (with original wheels).

·
Registered
240 Posts
My dealer offered me the possibility to upgrade to the machined 18" on the xcellence. I found it strange considering you guys don't get that possibility there and here we usually get less not more! I'll only know for sure that I got this upgrade when the vehicle comes. Make sure they double check with whoever actually places the orders on whether you can get those wheels on the SE tech

In any case so far it's listed on the order sheet and it was quoted as €440 but I got it for free along with a little more discount.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It seems to be a normal option everywhere except in the UK.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was looking on eBay a while back for accessories for my car and oddly this came up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302313250314

Only issues is the small mark on them but sure you can get fixed.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ps5108 said:
'
Your post reminded me of a used car that's currently being advertised at a SEAT dealership

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702242633146?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&make=SEAT&postcode=fk77up&sort=distance&model=ATECA&radius=1500&page=2

So yes, it can easily be done.

·
Registered
579 Posts
When my other half was buying her new Mini, I looked at the Countryman at the same time. I took out a 1.5 Cooper, however, it was fitted with John Cooper Works wheels. When I questioned this with the dealer, they said that Mini head office often issues instructions to upgrade the wheels on forecourt cars because it makes them look more attractive. That might be what's happened here. A bright new Samoa Orange Ateca with upper spec wheels to draw in the buyers. The difference between Mini and SEAT is that I could have freely spec'd JCW wheels on a Mini One from the outset but SEAT UK won't let you change. It will be down to you or the dealership to source what would be 'after market' wheels.

Thankfully, the 18" Performance wheels on the Xcellence have now grown on me so I wouldn't swap anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, especially 'jamesiow' (Isle of Wight ?).
I'm now 'watching' those wheels on EBay and hope for a return when I put the bi-colours on there (when mine actually arrives that is !!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's not actually that clear whether the "buy it now" price is for one wheel and tyre or for a set of 4.

If it's for a set the tyres alone are probably worth that and I'd snap them up before someone else does..... ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi JimH, have just checked with the seller, it is for a set of four and have already spoken to him about a deal !
Will have to wait until Monday for a result though.
Given I might have another fifteen weeks to wait for my car, Monday seems almost instantaneous !!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just had an email from my dealer and they've confirmed there's no option for the Performance wheels on my choice of car.
Had second thoughts about waiting until Monday and have put a bid in on the ones on EBay, as the 'buy it now' price is good and they show a 'make offer' option. So I've offered just a little short of their b i n price to get on the bandwagon.
If I'm lucky, I'll be the proud owner of a set of wheels, but no car !!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I prefer the 18inch bi colours for the SE Tech compared to the upgrades for the xcellence. I have been toying with the idea of trying some Q5 alloys on. I have the performance alloys on now and they are nice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just checked EBay and they've gone ! 😢😢
Might still phone up on Monday on the off chance they've taken them off on the anticipation of my call..............🤕

·
Registered
526 Posts
sorry to hear that bud, but snooze you lose!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep - probably wasn't worth quibbling over a few quid at that price - virtually giving them away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone changed the wheels for non Ateca ones? Mine will come with 18", but for winter I am planning to buy some 17" wheels. As I saw before, depending on the car, even if the wheels look nice in pictures or on other models, on Ateca they might not look so good so if any of you already changed them, could you post a pic? (as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words)

·
Registered
64 Posts
My ex seat UK ateca came with the SE TECH bi colour 18" which I am more than happy about :) xcellance model too. As it was an ex seat uk managers car they were able to spec out what they wanted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts