Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether the alloy wheels are fitted with a wheel locking nut on each wheel, as standard? If not, I need to order a set. Much appreciated.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The bi ones do if you define them as alloy. 19". With the spare it gets popped into a slot at the front right of the plastic boot surround.

·
Registered
979 Posts
ooo that's a point, never checked but cant remember seeing the locking wheel nut key anywhere :eek:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Leon said:
Can anyone confirm whether the alloy wheels are fitted with a wheel locking nut on each wheel, as standard? If not, I need to order a set. Much appreciated.
Leon - yes, locking nuts should be standard! However it is likely that these are supplied along with the key by dealers before delivery; I don't think they're fitted at the factory mainly because wheels can be fitted by robot which tightens all four bolts simultaneously, and aren't suited to using a different locking bolt as each car comes down the line. If I was a betting man, your dealership forgot to install; go back and ask for them. Tell is correct that the locking key is in the foam carrier under the boot floor :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Oh and the other thing I asked about on here was I never got the locking nut key code supplied to me as I did with the Altea. Mcderms or Vag said they didn't. They are stamped with a pack of cards code, mine is. If for instance a tyre place forgot to put it back in the boot you would be stuck.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I haven't checked my nuts so to speak :oops: as they have the caps on and didn't want to fiddle with them :shock: Under the boot cover however next to the spare I found my locking wheel nut key so guess I must have them fitted :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Kindness71 said:
I haven't checked my nuts so to speak :oops: as they have the caps on and didn't want to fiddle with them :shock: Under the boot cover however next to the spare I found my locking wheel nut key so guess I must have them fitted :D
Keep an eye on the caps, Kindness, as per earlier threads they have a tendency to go unexpectedly AWOL ! Glad you think your nuts are present, if undercover :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I reckon it's pressure washing on the caps and active buffing on the rear plate that knocks the camera off its bolt pissition. My nut caps are all there and the camera hasn't been knocked off. Something to do with the way I don't clean the car :).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Always a good idea to check your nuts, fellas.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You often see it on the back of toilet doors or popstars telling you to do it...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Most men do spend a lot of time down there but possibly looking for gratification rather than a visit to the GP.... where Saggy I wonder...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trogette said:
Rightly so. Y'all need to check your moobs/pecs also.
Check my specs? I don't wear them, I can read perfectly well. :lol:

Locking wheel nuts are fitted as standard, I checked with the dealer.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Interestingly, they are not included in Spain, neither is the alarm system which costs nearly £300.

Maybe the nuts are included with the alarm as part of the package.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts