Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - road trip from Glasgow to Darlington today. Currently in Cumbria and haven't seen any Ateca's with four wheels on the road anywhere; nor any on transporters - and there have been plenty !! Jaguar /Land Rover must be on a roll - seen 6 transporters of Range Rovers; not to mention Kadjars a go go !

Where are all the Ateca's ? A few must have hit the road yesterday!! :lol: :lol: :?: :?:

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's still the case that the only ones I have seen are the ones at the dealers!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're still an exclusive bunch, really ! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've been looking out for one everywhere in the Newcastle area since November and still haven't seen one!

I've got a feeling that I will start to see them everywhere once I get mine though :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not seen many down in the Stevenage area, but did see an SE on Gunnels Wood Road on Monday evening just before 5pm.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
DSG4WD said:
It's still the case that the only ones I have seen are the ones at the dealers!
Snap :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
NeilW said:
Not seen many down in the Stevenage area, but did see an SE on Gunnels Wood Road on Monday evening just before 5pm.
Stevenage isn't far from my gaff - I could drive up there and drive around a bit if you like!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Anteca said:
NeilW said:
Stevenage isn't far from my gaff - I could drive up there and drive around a bit if you like!
:D

To be honest I don't do a lot of mileage, living a few miles from work does tend to limit it. Currently averaging about 100 miles per week.

In some ways it's like the first Mk1 Fabia I had. The press lauded it but there were not a lot on the road to begin with. Admittedly that had more to do with the view of Skoda back then than availability which appears to be the limiting factor for the Ateca. It is nice not to drive past dozens of the same thing each day.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've seen two 'in the wild' so far - weeks ago. A black one parked up, and a white one driving along behind me. Since then - nothing!

·
Registered
931 Posts
You should have stayed north of the border. We only collected ours this week but have already seen quite a few around. For the record they've all been either grey or white (Bila or Nevada? haven't a clue :D ) and one silver.

·
Registered
286 Posts
They are all in west Wales! Spotted two on the road yesterday, Silver one in my home town and a Samoa Orange SE in a llaneli car park, Seats are pretty popular around here and my dealer had 5 on their lott awaiting 17 plates & collection when I ordered mine two weeks ago 😉

·
Registered
192 Posts
Round my way it's very rare to see any SEATs. People buy VWs if they want to be sure they haven't bought the wrong thing, Audis if they want to show off that they can spend lots of money on a badge and Skodas if they understand cars. SEAT haven't helped their cause by being so slow to bring out an SUV which is the standard car hereabouts. Those who know I'm buying an Ateca are already very interested so I guess I'll be doing missionary work. Eight years ago I was known as, "the only Yeti in the village", so I'm used to being a trend setter. :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've seen four around the city but always in my van never when in mine...
My brother in law has his now, and called over last wknd so we had two parked side by side in the street for a while....

my local dealer has tweeted six pics of ones picked up yest & today..

·
Registered
132 Posts
DSG4WD, loving your comment on Skoda purchasers. Thought I was the only one...........in my village ;)

Looking forward to my new Seat but sorry to lose my Skoda Octavia 1.8 Tsi 4x4. Great tug for my little caravan :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally saw one on the A66 as I was on the way back home! Black with optional alloys and the full front & back bumper extension. Looked nice in the fleeting glance I got of it! That's it for a full 7 hours on the road :lol:

Still a rare beast, then - except in Wales it seems :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've probably seen less than 10 since ordering mine in November.

Mcderms - it's a shame that you weren't doing that commute tomorrow as my Ateca should be on a transporter travelling on the A1 from the Port of Tyne to Doncaster! :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My spotting continued yesterday with a run from Cambridge to Newbury. Milton Keynes seems to be Ateca central, 1 orange, 2 blue and 1 white while navigating roundabout city.
Add that to the 6 white and 1 black I saw before delivery and the 3 blue I saw on the way too/from Merthyr Tydfil last week I definitely seem to be spotter champ. Although as I've already put 1200 miles on in less than 2 weeks its perhaps not surprising.
Raised a hand to a few when it's been appropriate, but no responses yet - hope its none of you lot being miserable

·
Registered
63 Posts
NeilW said:
It is nice not to drive past dozens of the same thing each day.
[coughs] "Qashqai" :lol:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts