Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen these before, even as an accessory. As Johathan Ross would say, it looks wheally diffewant.

Registered
Not sure which ones they are but they are awful lol 馃榾

Registered
Look like some Audi/VWesque 19" aftermarket ones and if they were OE I would pick them over anything bicoloured purely because they are likely to to resist the corrosion that machined alloys are prone to.

I have 18" Skoda wheels on mine for the same reason as the default style on the Xcellence are far too "busy" for me. I like simple designs.

Time will tell, but I've had corrosion/delamination issues with all the VW Group wheels I've had in the past.

Registered
Niggly said:
Look like some Audi/VWesque 19" aftermarket ones and if they were OE I would pick them over anything bicoloured purely because they are likely to to resist the corrosion that machined alloys are prone to.

I have 18" Skoda wheels on mine for the same reason as the default style on the Xcellence are far too "busy" for me. I like simple designs.

Time will tell, but I've had corrosion/delamination issues with all the VW Group wheels I've had in the past.
I agree the standard Xcellence wheels are far to busy, but the ones in that video are worse lol.

The standard Leon and ibiza FR 5 spoke propeller style alloys are nice enough for those who like the simpler wheels.

I have to say I haven't had any corrosion issues with Seat wheels on either our current or on previous leon, they still look brand new after every clean and thats after 3 years of ownership. I live on the coast as well so you would think there would be more risk of corrosion here, but they are fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darrin3333 said:
Not sure which ones they are but they are awful lol 馃榾
'
I agree. I like the fact that they'll be dead easy to clean, but dislike the fact that when clean they still look dirty :)

What sort of finish is that on them?

Registered
Can't see how to edit, but I missed the word "machined" out. i.e. I've had issues with all the machined VW Group wheels I've had. Usually the sharp edges of the arms take a stone chip then water creeps along the machined grooves causing delamination. They do look nice but are more vulnerable, especially in winter time.

Keep an eye on them for any warranty issues, but hopefully lessons have been learned and an extra layer of lacquer applied.

I'll keep to something that's easier to refurb when the need eventually arises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts