Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to buy a Ateca and not sure which is the best for myself. My options are:

1.5 Petrol TSI EVO SE Technology - 19 Plate - 36k miles
2.0 Diesel Xcellence - 19 Plate - 32k miles - £1500 more

3/4 of the car usage will be going to work which is a 28 mile round trip on the motorway. Recently got a large dog so need more bootspace than what my leon currently offers!

Car needs to be 19 plate or higher due very good pcp offer from halifax

Any experiences with these cars or suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd say 14 mile trips aren't really enough for a diesel, you will be aborting a lot of regen cycles and could end up with a clogged DPF.

I have a 1.5TSi lump in mine and it's nice. Seems to pull like a bigger engine to me. One thing to bear in mind is that an Ateca is quite a bit heavier than a Leon and also does not have the same drag co-efficient, so your MPG will shock you when you have an Ateca. I do a similar trip to work as yourself each day and a few trips to the shops generally and I get about 33mpg with a 7 speed DSG gearbox. That's using Super Unleaded too. I was getting around 28mpg with the bog standard E10 petrol.

Very pleased with it overall, but the Bridgestone tyres have horrible grip, I'm looking at Goodyear Eagles maybe next time but it depends how you drive.

Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have the 1.5 petrol DSG and agree that it has the drag coefficient of a house brick so not the greatest fuel economy but they're really good to drive. I find that I get better fuel economy on A roads than motorways. On a long distance 70mph journey I get about 37mpg but on A roads I can get closer to 47mpg. probably a lot to do with maintaining the higher speed with a big, heavy car.

The upside is that you can coast for long distances due to the weight of the car, it just keeps going.

Also as above, the acceleration is really good and is only let down by the rubbish grip tyres that they put on them. In fact it accellerates and handles better than the Audi A5 Coupe that I had before it. That was a big lumbering bed of a car

It's also great for carrying lots of stuff and is very comfortable on long journeys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts