Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just heard from my dealer that my Ateca is four days old and is about to be shipped from the factory. :D
Now I know from other posts that it will be transported to Emden and put on a boat, but which port is it likely to arrive at in the UK? I'd like to try and track it.
The dealer is in Aylesbury if that makes any difference?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I think you won't be able to work that out till it gets to Emden and you know it's on a boat then Kindness works out what boat it is from known previous shipping. Some dealers have been known to tell the customer the name of the boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Like Tell says you should be able to find out once its at Emden, but as the port of Sheerness is closest to you probably that one :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK cheers guys.
I'll see if I can find out.

The dealer did say it was on its way to a port in Spain :eek:
I think that maybe lost in translation :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Hi,

As long as it wasn't Port of Spain. (Trinidad and Tobago)

Billio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I'm excited for you. Shouldn't be to long till mine is built and on its way.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Abdn_lass said:
I'm excited for you. Shouldn't be to long till mine is built and on its way.
I thought yours was being built the same week as mine? Although I think mine is a week earlier than confirmed as the build was completed last Friday 28th.

I've just rung SEAT again (I'm nearly on first name terms :p ) and my Ateca is now at Emden waiting to be assigned a boat. They said if I ring back in a day or two they should be able to tell me the name of the boat its been assigned too. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
TrophyJem said:
Abdn_lass said:
I'm excited for you. Shouldn't be to long till mine is built and on its way.
I thought yours was being built the same week as mine? Although I think mine is a week earlier than confirmed as the build was completed last Friday 28th.

I've just rung SEAT again (I'm nearly on first name terms :p ) and my Ateca is now at Emden waiting to be assigned a boat. They said if I ring back in a day or two they should be able to tell me the name of the boat its been assigned too. :cool:
I was also told by my dealer last friday that my Ateca was built and sat at port in spain :roll: :lol:
Haven't had any updates since, but I'm assuming our Atecas could very well end up on the same boat from Emden ;)

Ironically since having it confirmed as built I have lost most of my excitement as the realisation that I will have to part with the Leon any day now is sinking in :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
TrophyJem said:
I've just found out that it will be shipped to Sheerness,
Exciting times :D
Thought as much :D Any how port of sheerness don't seem to have a website of there own like Tyne so got to rely on the maritime site which is a bit pants for Sheerness and only shows about 48hrs advance shipping. No sign of any due in the next few days but if you keep checking look for any called "city of xxxxx", such as city of Rome. These are what the roll on roll off car transporter ships tend to be called.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/eta/all/port:198/portname:SHEERNESS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I shall keep an eye out for it :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kindness71 said:
Thought as much :D Any how port of sheerness don't seem to have a website of there own like Tyne so got to rely on the maritime site which is a bit pants for Sheerness and only shows about 48hrs advance shipping. No sign of any due in the next few days but if you keep checking look for any called "city of xxxxx", such as city of Rome. These are what the roll on roll off car transporter ships tend to be called.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/eta/all/port:198/portname:SHEERNESS
Thanks. I'll keep looking :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
TrophyJem said:
Abdn_lass said:
I'm excited for you. Shouldn't be to long till mine is built and on its way.
I thought yours was being built the same week as mine? Although I think mine is a week earlier than confirmed as the build was completed last Friday 28th.

I've just rung SEAT again (I'm nearly on first name terms :p ) and my Ateca is now at Emden waiting to be assigned a boat. They said if I ring back in a day or two they should be able to tell me the name of the boat its been assigned too. :cool:
I shall phone Seat tomorrow and find out how what's happening with my build. See if my wee car has been built
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Makassar Highway has just set sail for Sheerness. A quick Google reveals this is a ship used by the vw group.
Here's hoping my Ateca is on it. Shame I can't phone Seat till Monday to find out :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Just called SEAT UK. My car is still at Emden and has not been assigned a ship yet. It's been there over a week now.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kelly said:
Just called SEAT UK. My car is still at Emden and has not been assigned a ship yet. It's been there over a week now.
You would think it would ship quicker than that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
kelly said:
Just called SEAT UK. My car is still at Emden and has not been assigned a ship yet. It's been there over a week now.
Thought it would be unusual to have been on the Makassar Highway as all the others seem to be on city of .... ships. Cars can be in the port up to 14 days I think before getting on a ship. There are two of these ships due in to Emden in the next 2-3 days. City of Sunderland but that's heading to Port of Tyne, so I'm thinking it could be due to load onto the City of Oslo ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's on there and it should make Sheerness by Wednesday :)
 
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Top