Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at dealers but I forgot to ask / check.... is is Nevada white or not. Cannot seem to find a 'real' photo of Ateca in Nevada white v the ither white...

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would've thought the Nevada white as the showroom example. Should be a very white, white if that makes sense - the one in the showroom of the dealer I visited was Nevada - it was seeing it in the flesh that sold the colour to me :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. it was very white but I don't see what is 'metallic' about the paint??

·
Registered
268 Posts
missy said:
Thanks.. it was very white but I don't see what is 'metallic' about the paint??
The metallic particles in the paint's base coat give it greater depth and make it 'shinier' reflecting more light... think gloss versus Matt (extreme example but hopefully you get my drift) :) it's best described as a cleaner shinier white as opposed to a flatter, less shiny white :roll:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on views and information above and I am leaning towards the car in photos I uploaded being bila white

·
Registered
931 Posts
If folk are having trouble working out whether it's Bila or not, doesn't that suggest forking out the £325 premium placed on Nevada is a waste of money? :?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not that a difference cannot be distinguished but that I have yet to see two REAL photos of the two different whites. To compare I need to see both - that has yet to happen other than promo images...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Regarding Golkmk6 comment,
That's precisely what I thought! I know that you can apparently see the difference when the car is clean and in sunlight but, to me, white is white. Couldn't justify the extra cost so opted for park assist instead. I must admit that I've never used it but chose this option purely for the front parking sensors.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Final comment on this - The only way you can be sure is to see both in the flesh. Pictures, lighting etc will skew the perception every time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you!

In hindsight I would have gone for bija white and the lazy-cow boot opening system. Ah well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is Bila white... Nevada is glossy and looks a bit blue from near.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The sales manager at my dealer talked me out of ordering Nevada White as he said it was a waste of money as the difference is minimal. Unless your car doesn't have a spec of dirt on it and it is sunny he said you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

He also said he bought his wife an Ateca in Bila White, therefore as I didn't see either colour on a car I took his word for it and ordered Bila White!

I will get to see the true colour hopefully later this week once mine arrives at my dealer.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Can you not use my trick of getting the paint code off the configurator, get the Skoda name of it and hunt down cars in that and imagine what's it's like or / and take the little Seat magnetic stick on mini model cars outside into the day light. Ask to see another Seat in that colour or go to a Skoda dealer... I've done the work for you :)

9P9P Bila White goes under Candy White on Skoda

2Y2Y Nevada White goes under Moon White on Skoda

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Going to a Skoda dealer tomorrow so I'll have a look. I reckon the Nevada White you will see the metallic paint colours in it which will play lighting games, whilst the solid will just be white, no reflective colour action going on in that.

Some Skoda threads on it

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307196-yeti-candy-moon-white-comparison/

Google for more

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-b&q=skoda+candy+white+moon+white&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV0fvs3a7SAhUGBMAKHZVMAM0QvwUIGigA&biw=768&bih=892

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen Bila white and Nevada white side by side and I have a Nevada white. They are both VERY white (visibly whiter than typical white cars from other manufacturers when I have parked side by side). The Nevada white has the metallic fleck in it if you look in good daylight but it's actually quite hard to tell otherwise from the Bila white. It's going to be practically impossible to say what the colour is in the photos.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jonny said:
The sales manager at my dealer talked me out of ordering Nevada White as he said it was a waste of money as the difference is minimal. Unless your car doesn't have a spec of dirt on it and it is sunny he said you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

He also said he bought his wife an Ateca in Bila White, therefore as I didn't see either colour on a car I took his word for it and ordered Bila White!

I will get to see the true colour hopefully later this week once mine arrives at my dealer.
It sure isn't a waste of money! Nevada White looks better and it should be better in long term comparison. At least that is what I was able to google.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts