Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Prospective Ateca owner here. Just joined to garner some info and thoughts about this car.

Not 100% sure yet as still looking at all the options but had a test drive yesterday and was very impressed. Dealer has specced me a 1.6TDI Excellence in Lava Blue.

Currently driving a 07 plate Qashqai which if i am honest has been the best car i have owned. However, i have never owned 2 cars the same so i am looking for alternatives. I have a drive in a Sportage on friday and possibly looking at a Tucson and a Rav4.

Enjoying reading all your posts may stick around if i go the SEAT route :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome Nick

At the end of the day it's your choice. I'm still waiting for my one but I did a lot of research for what suited my requirements. I needed something with a large load area for my hobby and space for my 6'3 lad to sit in the back. Plus I love gadgets and the atec fell within my price bracket.

·
Registered
931 Posts
NickR said:
Not 100% sure yet as still looking at all the options but had a test drive yesterday and was very impressed. Dealer has specced me a 1.6TDI Excellence in Lava Blue.

I have a drive in a Sportage on friday and possibly looking at a Tucson and a Rav4.
'
Do come back an post your own reviews of those cars. You'll probably know the Sportage and Tucson are the same car, but look and feel so different to each other. If you're looking at 1.6 tdi Xcellence then I'm assuming your looking at Sportage 3 1.7tdi and Tucson Premium 1.7tdi?

·
Registered
57 Posts
NickR said:
Hi

Prospective Ateca owner here. Just joined to garner some info and thoughts about this car.

Currently driving a 07 plate Qashqai which if i am honest has been the best car i have owned. However, i have never owned 2 cars the same so i am looking for alternatives. I have a drive in a Sportage on friday and possibly looking at a Tucson and a Rav4.

Hi NickR

one thing i will say the Lava blue on the web site is different in real life. i have had a few SUVs big and small ones and the Ateca does not drive like a normal SUV it drives like a normal car to me but i have only driven the 4x4 ones.

they say the 1.4 TSI engine is the one to go for but there is a bit of a wait for them.

when i was looking i was looking a lease deals and the Ateca was coming out cheaper than other similar SUVs

you will see what i have got from my signiture and its great

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tough decision with so much choice out there. The ateca ticked all my boxes on paper, I do the school run then a 30 minute commute to work, which involves several roundabouts during rush hour, so i wanted something i was confident would pull away pretty quickly. Compared to the tucson the Ateca was better for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome and input.

Sportage i am looking at is the 3, 1.7 although i may be tempted by the 4. My local Hyundai dealer has a sport version which i liked the look of but not arranged a drive yet. I am not in a rush to make a decision although once i decide the wait time for delivery of the Ateca if that is the route i take may be unbearable!! :shock:
the more i read about the Ateca the more i think it is what i want but i would like to check out the opposition ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Note that the Ateca has a smaller footprint than most suvs and certainly the ones on your shortlist, yet has a really good level of space. This was a key fact for me as my wife didn't want to drive anything too big.

·
Registered
286 Posts
NickR said:
Hi

Hi Nick, wait times are the only downside to ordering an Ateca, having said that, I'm collecting mine this week having ordered 21st Feb, so there was no delay to my order, 12 weeks was the original estimate and it's flown by, so unless you need the car sooner for a particular reason I wouldn't let the wait put you off. Just avoid Samoa Orange paint and the tow bar options as these tend to increase the wait time quite significantly.

I would recomend test driving a 1.4tsi before ordering a 1.6 diesel though as having owned both engines I have to say the 1.4tsi is much better in terms of performance and any savings you might get as a result of the higher mpg with the 1.6 diesel may be offset by a higher car price and increased taxes on diesels which are quckily becoming an enemy of the State.

In terms of the other cars you are considering, the only one I would personally consider (as the others dont even come close to matching Ateca!) would be the Qashqui. However with superior handling, a better infotainment system, sleeker exterior styling (especially from the rear), cooler LED light designs, VWAG build quality and a solid engine line up, I would still come back to Ateca every time. It's worth the wait. (Unless you are outside UK) ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would 2ed to have a look at the petrols, unless you are towing or high miles, petrol is the way to go now. Particularly if you plan to keep past 3 years, with additional problems with environmental filters and now potentially city and extra parking charges which may be introduced for diesels in a few years time.....

Had a loan of ATECA 1.6 Diesel for a week, and in all honesty I was pleased to get back to my 1.0tsi, it was faster for one and lighter feel!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re the Qashqai, there's about 5 of these within 50 yards of my house alone, ie they're so common I just don't want to go there. Agree with the comments re styling, in fact there's a face-lift model out soon, so if you're considering it, wait for that instead

·
Registered
979 Posts
kee said:
Re the Qashqai, there's about 5 of these within 50 yards of my house alone, ie they're so common I just don't want to go there. Agree with the comments re styling, in fact there's a face-lift model out soon, so if you're considering it, wait for that instead
Hey Kee I see you have nicked my avatar for your profile :lol: Why don't you use the image on this thread as it's white to match your car colour rather than the orange one :D

https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1332

If you like it more than the original forum logo at the top you could always send admin Rob a private message to see if he would swap to the newer one. I tried but never got a response :cry:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey yeah good spot! I tried to use the blue on but the file size was too big so I took a shortcut n nicked yours :p

Will have a look at the white one, cheers!

·
Registered
979 Posts
kee said:
Hey yeah good spot! I tried to use the blue on but the file size was too big so I took a shortcut n nicked yours :p

If you cant get it to upload I can take a look at shrinking it tonight when I get in from work :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Kindness71 said:
kee said:

If you cant get it to upload I can take a look at shrinking it tonight when I get in from work :D
Hey Kee here is a blue version of the logo which should upload ok. :D

Water Azure Sky Liquid Aqua

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had a very good look around before opting for the Ateca.

I thought the interior styling on the Mitsubishi ASX and Tucson was a bit old fashioned while the wifey didn't like the exterior look of the Sportage. The 7 year warranty that Kia offer here in Malta is interesting, yet I've heard owners who've had issues which were told not to be under warranty. Read that thoroughly if you go down that road.

I liked the Qashqai as well but it's too common, a new model is coming soon and here in Malta I wasn't able to order anything apart from 1.2l petrol or 1.5l diesel which are all around 110bhp. The 150hp 1.4l engine on the Ateca solved that problem. Renault's Kadjar is built on the same platform and some local mechanics I know suggested I would steer away from French engines anyway.

Toyota's CHR didn't offer the same amount of space and the rear was too dark + rear door handles would be a pain when kids come around.

Tiguan was nice but expensive to built up to same specs as xcellence trim.

I still don't regret having ordered it so far. I hope it won't be a different story when it comes around but very highly doubt it..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Totally agree with spark.

Kindness - you are a Saint!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again for the replies :)

i did discuss the petrol models but i do 50miles a day on motorway and A roads to work and back and i doubt i will keep it past 3 or 4 years. The taxes and or charges will take a few years to hit so I think i will be ok, petrol next time though :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts