Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all I am a new member but have been on other forums in the past. I have a 2.0L (14) Ford Kuga at present and was just about to order another when the media showered us with Diesel bad news, NOx killing us, this was a bit of a over reaction as aircraft and airports near our cities are the main contributors to the NOx levels.
Ford have a new Ecoblue 2.0L engine ready but have been very slow to deliver it to the market. Adblue reduces the NOx level somewhat.

With all the bad publicity I decided to order the Petrol ATECA 1.4TSI SE Tech as the MPG and performance are good a it's proven technology.

Deliveries of the Ateca across Europe are lengthy especially the TSI probably due to all the scares relating to the diesel exhausts. I will be waiting 17 or more weeks for my car, I could see it in July but probably august. Is it worth the wait?

Re electric cars do buyers ever consider that power stations are only 27 to 33% efficient, Losses transforming and transmissions to our homes are as much. Power which is consumed in fuels at the generation stage is probably more than three times the power at the charging plug!
Nuclear will be a different story and so the mass production of the long awaited fuel cell.

All the best to you all

Jack

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hell yeah Fuelgauge its worth the wait. I absolutely love mine :D Only thing you need to watch with coming from a diesel to the 1.4 is the actual true mpg you will get, and judging by your forum name you probably do. Not sure what you get in the Kuga but I'm currently seeing only 37ish on the long term monitor after 1300 miles. Others have reported up to as much as 46 but never go over 3000rpm. Apart from that like I say I love it and I had to wait 5+months due to the colour as well, but defo worth it :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
In a word - yes, it's worth the wait ! These are very good cars, despite some people having had some (relatively) minor teething troubles! Welcome to the forum - a great way to occupy your time whilst awaiting delivery ! :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jack :)

I'm thrilled with my Ateca ..... I've driven a lot of different things over the years and iof all in this price bracket this one wins hands down for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts