Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Why do some people still use wind deflectors? They are the sort of thing you saw on cars in the 60’s before air conditioning was normal.

I haven’t driven with a window open for 40 years at least apart from when the motor broke just after I opened the window to get a car park ticket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do some people still use wind deflectors? They are the sort of thing you saw on cars in the 60’s before air conditioning was normal.

I haven’t driven with a window open for 40 years at least apart from when the motor broke just after I opened the window to get a car park ticket.
I smoke a ecig and it is good to have the window down a fraction when it is raining and the deflectors are perfect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Depends where u drive with your car, but unless in a area full of traffic, seems downright weird to provide artificial ventilation (which mostly circulates the air) instead of using gods given fresh air from the outside!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
That’s not how a/c works. Fresh air comes in the front and out the back. It only recirculates if you ask it to via the dedicated button on the controls.
In fact the system on the Ateca is so sophisticated that if you use the windscreen washers it goes into closed mode automatically so you can’t smell the washer fluid.

If you really think that the air coming in is Gods fresh air you must be driving in an extraordinary clean environment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My experience of these is that they eventually damage the window rubber and make travelling at any speed noisy with the extra wind noise as the window can't make a proper seal against the rubber like it is meant to

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dog travels with me an sometimes sleeps in the car if I have an overnighter. Wind delectors ald a boot extender stay allow air to circulate while keeping the rain out!!

My travels are in area of rural Scotland where security isnt a concern

1 - 8 of 8 Posts