Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their wing mirror caps yet. I have purchased genuine Seat caps but can not find any info on replacing them. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured it out and have changed my Black magic for silver ones. I like them anyhoo.
Anyone looking to purchase a set of genuine Black magic mirror caps then please feel free to get in touch. View attachment 586 View attachment 109

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looks great :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Saggy, I think they go well with the silver accents on the front/rear and the roof rails.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Jcbmally said:
Has anyone replaced their wing mirror caps yet. I have purchased genuine Seat caps but can not find any info on replacing them. :(
That's page 376 of the Erwin manual D4B80614FB2-General_body_repairs__exterior... they go in via the mirror with the glass off. They press three clips inside the mirror and use a tool on the outside to pop off the cover.

Popping the glass off can break the mirror glass as my dealer broke mine when sorting out the unplugged heater connection saying you always run this risk.

For the manuals follow the thread. You got Metalsman to thank for the Erwin site.

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1177&p=15328#p15328

Jcbmally - three clips sound about right ?.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jcbmally said:
Thanks Saggy, I think they go well with the silver accents on the front/rear and the roof rails.
looks like an s line audi ! (meant as a compliment hehe)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks great I think

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I've included the silver wing mirror covers in my order for a Black Magic 1.4, so its interesting to see what they look like - and I like the look!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kee said:
Jcbmally said:
looks like an s line audi ! (meant as a compliment hehe)
I considered another Audi but the equivalent SUV was £35k :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply's everyone, I was very tentative when removing the mirrors and had a big "phew" when they came off undamaged.
The 2 x boss' (wife and 13yr old daughter) like them so they must be ok.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They go really well the black, looks really smart.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SparK said:
Scott1988 said:
They go really well the black, looks really smart.
Yeah I think they complement the side really well.

Thanks for uploading the pics Jcb
Your welcome

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jcbmally said:
Well I figured it out and have changed my Black magic for silver ones. I like them anyhoo.
Anyone looking to purchase a set of genuine Black magic mirror caps then please feel free to get in touch.Ateca.jpgAteca 2.jpg
Do you still have your balck ones? Thanks

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It would look even nicer with the silver fittings below the doors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Andyam said:
Jcbmally said:
Anyone looking to purchase a set of genuine Black magic mirror caps then please feel free to get in touch.Ateca.jpgAteca 2.jpg
Do you still have your balck ones? Thanks
Yup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fred99 said:
It would look even nicer with the silver fittings below the doors.
Might get them if they pop up somewhere a bit cheaper

1 - 20 of 21 Posts