Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is anyone else having trouble getting their wing mirrors to fold in when they park? MIne have suddenly stopped working - they were fine until yesterday - I've just checked and the option is still ticked in the infotainment system.

On a brighter note I've just been playing with the virtual pedal and it has worked every time, both opening and closing and with the car both unlocked and locked :mrgreen:

You only get the beep warning when the tailgate is closing.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ruth, lucky you on the pedal. Think yours was built after mine. Doesn't work at all on the pedal.

Mirrors are fine, I'm sure you have your twiddly knob set to down, 0, and not got confused about that. Mine go up and down either on the knob or the extended door lock. I use the latter. But I guess you need zero on the knob perhaps without experimenting.

Sitting in the car back to entering 105 destinations....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the twiddly knob is at 0. Just tried folding them with the knob and they work fine, just not when I lock the car (either via the handle or key). Very odd.

We have to trek back up to the dealers on Monday to get the sat nav working and to pick up the spare wheel :roll: so I will mention it then if they're still not working.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Best to get them look at it. Hmmm slightly distressing if there are programming bugs in the car's systems that create these problems.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Maybe Seat's toys work on a one in one out basis. So the virtual pedal decides it's going to work which means something else must not and in your case it seems to be the folding mirrors!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David_S said:
Maybe Seat's toys work on a one in one out basis. So the virtual pedal decides it's going to work which means something else must not and in your case it seems to be the folding mirrors!
:D at least I can use the twiddly knob instead!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My dealers chief technician has been off for training this week so I'm expecting big things on the virtual pedal. I know one Seat dealer in North London I wouldn't trust with a barge poll on a car this advanced, I pitty those people who might have bought an Ateca from them. I moved my business from them since they were a bunch of whatevers.... which means I travel further but I have more trust in them. Why dealers go out of business since they are useless. Well one of the reasons.

Ah the old twiddly knob... had that on the Altea, home from home, I don't use it now do the touch locking :).

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wing mirrors fold in each time I long press on the door handle to lock (kessy) I did however experience issues at first with the virtual pedal, but I thought it may have been the surface it was parked on, it seems to have rectified itself in the meantime.
I'm yet to test the long press on the handle to bring all the windows up and close the sunroof. I know this works on other brand cars, but the weather hasn't allowed us to test this yet.
Does anyone know about locking and disabling the alarm, is this still one touch on the handle or one long press of the key fob to lock and arm the alarm and 2 clicks of the fob to lock and disable the alarm?
I only ask as when we were traveling back from Spain on the boat, the crew asked us to lock and disable the car alarm, this flummoxed us as we'd never had to do that before, but it turns out we'd been doing it wrong for 4 years on our VW Golf and my 2 Leon's...!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a fault - it's all been fixed now. I think they just disconnected the battery!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RuthB said:
There was a fault - it's all been fixed now. I think they just disconnected the battery!
Lol is that like switching a computer off and on again? :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My aircon use to pack up on my old Altea, I use to pull the ac motor fuse to fix it. Basically it was a faulty connection once it packed up, to reset the unit you pulled the fuse. Cheaper than the £800 repair. A general warning pulling fuses under the steering wheel isn't likely to cause error flags that need to be reset by a garage, pulling fuses under the bonnet may well do. Been there in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I only found out that our car has folding in door mirrors today but it will only work by manually pressing the button it won't work automatically when parked even with the setting at 0. Am I best off taking it to my local Seat dealers or shall I just try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
They do not fold automatically. You need to keep the button pressed for over a second.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi RuthB, my mirrors stopped folding from fob this week, did dealer explain what the problem was? Have car booked in next week. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Do they fold when you move the mirror control knob in the door to the fold position?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.