Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a call today before pick up from the dealer telling me I haven't got wireless charging, those that ordered the Navigation Plus got their wireless charging deleted in the early production models. Can anyone confirm they are like wise affected ?. The £915 I paid to get Navigation Plus caused the miss build. Speaking to customer services I am not alone.

The jury is out on whether the £200 accessory voucher offered in return can't be a cash amount. Personally I don't think it's on to offer you accessories for something they failed to fit. Apparently it can't be sorted out after the event. Presumably the connectivity hub doesn't work with the Navigation Plus, wireless charging is in that. Something that wasn't thought through in the design of the car and marketing. The car manuals have gone for a walk as well, all those people sitting in it last week at the dealers, although the drivers under floor storage box was taped down so they might have missed them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tell,

£200 off is an insult, If the Nav Plus is the cause, then the minimum you should be looking for is £915 off.
Wireless charging is standard on the Xcellence so they are not coming up with the original item.
If you really need / want the wireless charging then dig your heals in. Tell them to start again.

Good luck

Tim

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my view that the specification of the Navigation Plus caused it and the compensation was the cost of that and £200 vouchers is an insult. Know doubt they will say I have the benefits of the Navigation Plus etc - . There are other people effected.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's appalling Tell. I wonder how long they have known. £200 in vouchers is no compensation at all.

Also your dealer letting people sit in your car is bad as well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
TELL was that what the dealership offered or did you contact SEAT customer services and open a case? If you haven't I suggest giving them a call. I also think it's shocking that the dealer has been using your car as a bit of a demo model. Fair enough pointing out maybe the car as in showing off the colour and what it looks like, but certainly not letting people sit in it and play with the panoramic roof :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That compensation figure comes from Seat UK not the dealer so they are the ones that are giving you the slap in the face on this, although it's suppose to be cash or vouchers but the dealer only offered vouchers since it works in their favour. Probably one of guys that sat in the car looking at the panoramic roof stole the manuals, lot of light handed people about. There is the question of when the dealer knew about the wireless charger being omitted from the build, probably when they took the money off me to get the sale to go through at the value they wanted then said, oh, there is a problem. The virtual pedal wasn't working on the car when I saw it but was told it was due to the car not being preped.

I have unloaded the issue onto Seat UK with my unhappiness and hope for a resolution. They seem to be completely measly with their effective good will option. This is Seat being jokers on this. I think I would accept 5 years warranty and 3 years service as a gesture for screwing up the build of the car.

As said there are other people effected they have a list a chassis numbers. I was told the specification of the Navigation Plus caused this but customer services dealing with this were not aware of how the effected car list was put together.

(Kindness - yes I got straight on to customers services the moment I was told about this and the measly £200 voucher offer, they said can be cash, I've said £200 isn't enough as goodwill gesture, don't worry I will be damming them here for months if they don't make me an offer I can't refuse)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hang on, hang on...am I reading this correctly...anyone who has ordered the Nav Plus on the Xcellence gets the wireless charging removed?? Even though we are paying for wireless charging in the spec? I haven't been told this by Leaseplan yet. I will be sure to question them about it when they contact me to tell me my delivery date and take the payment for the extras.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what the dealer told me on the first builds. Seat UK knows about it and has a list of effected cars by chassis number although the lass dealing with it doesn't know how the list of defectively built cars originated which caused the issue. Was the dealer that said Navigation Plus led to this.

Watching Thomas' video again tonight I saw the logo on the phone tray. I might tomorrow look at the phone tray of another Ateca and compare with mine. I'm guessing that logo of wireless charging will be missing from my phone mat.

I'm hoping that Seat see the error of their ways and provide compensation above £200. I know some guys treat wireless charging as a gold standard and a must have, they just deleted it from what you ordered and say have £200 worth of vouchers or cash - sorry. That's taking the **** after spending £915 to get in this mess and £35,000 on the car.

It could be if your order JLO is down the road they might sort out what went wrong and fix it, but for some it can't be fixed. I haven't searched the German board yet to see whether it's been found on their cars. They do love their Navigation Plus or whether it's a UK commissioned car issue.

Edit after looking at the German board and German price lists the connectivity box (hub) can be optioned in for lesser builds on the continent not packaged with Kessey or the virtual pedal as in the UK. It's that financial figure that Seat UK has chosen to use for compensation not a figure that covers a poke in the eye that you bought the Xcellence expecting it to be excellent but they screwed up the build. A good will sum should be above their hypothetical cost if you had bought it component wise which doesn't exist in the UK.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Tell said:
Edit after looking at the German board and German price lists the connectivity box (hub) can be optioned in for lesser builds on the continent not packaged with Kessey or the virtual pedal as in the UK. .
When I ordered my Xcellence (in Spain) there was the option of the basic Nav or the Nav Plus. The Nav Plus included Seat Sound, spare wheel, Full Link and the connectivity box. If you go for the basic Nav, then these items have to be ordered separately.

At least that way, it's more likely that each individual item gets ordered. I cannot understand why SEAT UK seems to make everything so difficult - why not just have one configurator for everyone.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't have Navi Plus but not tried charging anything wirelessly either, i will be hunting someone down this weekend with wireless charging to make sure this issue isn't across the first builds. (Also hoping for some snow this weekend :D so may be busy looking for that instead)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interested to hear about the snow and the Ateca's ability.

I think the tell tail sign will be whether the mat has that wireless logo on it but perhaps not. The European model I sat in, in May was an Xcellence but where the mat was had a bit of loose carpet. The one they have for me does have a mat in it and I'm sort of expecting it won't have the wireless logo, but perhaps they put the mats into them and never connected it up.

We are on hold at the minute waiting for Seat UK to make me a goodwill payment else if that isn't agreed by me I can't subsequently reject and dealership hasn't registered it yet pending for me to accept a goodwill gesture that hasn't been offered yet. It doesn't give you a good car buying experience when you get read consumer law back to you by Seat UK after they have made a car not to the spec ordered and you get told the day before pickup after you have paid cash for it. That measly offer of vouchers for £200.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fred99 said:
When I ordered my Xcellence (in Spain) there was the option of the basic Nav or the Nav Plus. The Nav Plus included Seat Sound, spare wheel, Full Link and the connectivity box. If you go for the basic Nav, then these items have to be ordered separately.

At least that way, it's more likely that each individual item gets ordered. I cannot understand why SEAT UK seems to make everything so difficult - why not just have one configurator for everyone.
This is also the problem with the pricing of the Navigation Plus, it's over priced in the UK, they charge you again the price of the Navigation Plus after the cost of the standard Navigation unit is already built into the car. Some bits of Seat are jokers. That item should be deleted and a new price put in or it should be shown as an upgrade.

I can see where they managed to screw up the order in the factory or Seat UK from what you said Freddie. Evidently somebody didn't map the cars order specification into the factory specification for build so just didn't build in the line you ordered with the component parts. Bizarre that specifying the £915 Navigation Plus screws up the Virtual Pedal, Kessey and Connection Hub line. That is down to someone not doing their job in the back office in the factory or in the UK with their order mapping tables. You expect a good will payment for the hassle and false expectations dashed given that it can't be retrofitted and you have ended up with a non standard car. You can see second hand car guides saying in the future beware of this model it had a build issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What a farce. I would be really disappointed of mine hadn't had the wireless charging. I have the basic Sat Nav so the wireless charging is fitted. I have a Samsung S7 edge and it charges really quickly even through a thick protective phone case (vital as I manage to drop it regularly).
This is what mine looks like. Apologies for its grubby state - the rubber mat is a great dust collector!
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. No it doesn't look like that, easy enough to work out no proforma in the tray for the phone to fit like you have shown.

It started to turn into a last to blink as the time approached for me to depart to pick up the car if I wasn't going to reject it. With 20 minutes to go customer services phoned me back to offer three years of free service, £499 of service. I flagged that up an option plus extended warranty. They met me half way basically.

I know people who are committed to wireless charging would be more disappointed than I and may not have accepted. I got a hybrid car basically a cross between a UK model and a European one. Just as well I support Europe ;)..

Customer services got to know about the issue on Friday so I don't know whether the dealer had spotted it when giving them a play with panoramic roof or it was a general alert that came out. As said others are affected.

I was told the virtual pedal works but not if the car is locked, err no doesn't work when I got home. Software fix is being worked on so I'll get called in as you all will with the virtual pedal. I'll have another go at it later and post up my first impressions.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What mine looks like with the messed up build. No matter.

I can recommend braid usb connections :).

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tell from the look of that Photo you dont have the connectivity box (the bit thats been deleted) and you just have a flat tray, is that right or is that just me miss seeing the photo?
If the box has gone does that mean the phone signal amplifier has gone too as well as wireless charging?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is what I'm thinking. Freddie will know since they are ordered that way in Spain as component parts. It's going to be what the lower order cars get. See my displeasure.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I am not really interested in the charging as my phone doesn't support it and I don't have a problem with battery life. I wanted the connectivity box as you have to have something to plug into for CarPlay and also the improved GSM signal has to be a good idea. If the USB socket that you use had a decent 5v output, you would not need wireless charging as the phone would charge when connected for CarPlay.

It's a bit like the foot operated boot. I have ordered the motorised boot but I can see little advantage of the foot switch. It's much easier to use the remote key to open it well before you get to the car. That will impress the natives far more than a foot wiggle! All those flashing lights and beeps with no owner nearby will be a good crowd puller!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't tried out the connectivity aspect of it yet, that lead is to power up my tablet whilst I read the manual, get destinations. It has asked me, do I want to setup my phone, I've ignored that at the minute.

Relaying the roof GSM aerial... page 48 and 49 of the technical manual, the R265 that I'm missing.

 CONNECTIVITY BOX
The Navi System and Navi System plus Infotainment
systems can be given further connectivity with the new
'Connectivity box' console.

The console includes:

/ Two USB ports and an auxiliary input in the centre
console.

/ The new R265 storage unit for mobile phone
interface located under the centre console.

/ 'Wireless charger' function

The mobile phone's battery is charged wirelessly.
The R265 storage unit for mobile phone interface has
two internal coils that generate an electromagnetic
field for each of the functions.

ACTIVATION CONDITIONS

The mobile signal amplifier and wireless charger
functions only require:

/ The contact fitted (terminal 15) or Infotainment
system on.

/ The phone placed on the pad. The phones must
be compatible with both functions.

OPERATING SIGNALS
/ 'Mobile signal amplifier' function
The R265 storage unit for mobile phone interface
communicates with the R308 aerial amplifier by means
of a coaxial cable, to improve the transmission of the
signal with the R11 roof aerial.

/ 'Wireless charger' function

The J794 control unit for information electronics
communicates with the R265 storage unit for mobile
phone interface to detect the phone and diagnose the
system.
The on-screen notifications on the infotainment screen
are:

/ "A device is charging on the pad".

/ "Foreign object detection warning". In this case,
the system warns of possible interferences
between the phone and the pad.
WIRELESS CHARGER IN VEHICLES WITH
KESSY

If the R265 storage unit for mobile phone interface
receives a key search warning (Wake up BCM), the
wireless charger system will stop charging the phone
battery for a few seconds until the key is located. This
avoids possible interferences with the Kessy system
aerials.
I have the R215, page 43.

R215 interface for external
multimedia devices
(HUB connector with 2
USB ports and an auxiliary
connector)
So I believe I don't get the GSM aerial boost from the back aerial and that tray is just blank underneath.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got my compensation letter now, free servicing for three years so I'm happy, I think. Least I don't need to not worry about the electronics cooking my phone on the tray that I haven't got.

Like others I've found Seat Customer Services efficient and proactively following up things which they can't answer or things outstanding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts