Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone tried to charge their iPhone 6 wirelessly yet.

Do I need to add a phone cover to make it work ?

Thanks
Waggy

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not sure if I am understanding this correct because have'nt tried charging phone wirelessly yet, thought as long as phone was comparable you just place on the wireless mat and away to go charges your phone. :roll:

·
Registered
338 Posts
iPhones are not QI enabled (yet), therefore you have to fit a QI adapter if you want to use wireless charging. Many phones cannot use QI wireless charging without fitting an adapter, if they are available for that particular mobile. I currently have a mobile that is not QI enabled nor can I fit an adapter. So the wireless charging mat is of no use to me just yet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks Leon, think at the mo I'm in the same situation as yourself, meaning my wireless charging mat is not much good for my phone at present, so when I do up grade phone need it Qi compatiable. :cry:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
& my Xcellence was incorrectly built against the UK spec, so I don't have it but a deeper tray :). I put the case (pouch) down first and stand the phone on top of it with the USB lead in. Enough room for that. One of the positive advantages off the incorrect build is the deeper flat tray..... I can just wonder at what I'm missing :).... will look at that link.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Waggy said:
Hi, has anyone tried to charge their iPhone 6 wirelessly yet.

Do I need to add a phone cover to make it work ?

Thanks
Waggy
Yes I have its rearly easy all you do go to Phone set up just follow the instructions usualy you have to confime on your handset{phone)

fillthekill

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sidelight said:
Leon said:
Personally, I'd choose something like this...

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/maxfield-iphone-6s-6-qi-wireless-charging-adapter-p56682.htm

A bit more money but, more likely to work and not damage the charging circuitry. ;)
What makes this better than the cheaper version posted above?

I need to buy one and I am worried about plugging a knock off 3rd party adapter in; charging seems too important to mess about with.
I was wondering the same thing myself as they both look to be almost the same :? If it is better its also £6 cheaper on Amazon than the site you gave Leon ;)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Receiver-Kabellloses-Charging-Induction-Wireless/dp/B01KJVDX58/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485710646&sr=8-2&keywords=Maxfield+iPhone+6S+%2F+6+Qi+Wireless+Charging+Adapter

·
Registered
338 Posts
The point I was really trying to make was to be wary of buying from Chinese companies with dubious feedback. The link was just advisory rather than an 'advertisement'. If it's £6 cheaper on Amazon, then that certainly is better than buying through my link. I'm risk averse. If 10,000 people buy stuff which either doesn't work or is not fit for purpose, then that would be nearly £70 grand in some con merchants account.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Samsung S6 Edge. And it´s getting very hot each time i´m using the builtin charger.
I think there must be something wrong with it.
I have 2 Samsung original QI charger at home and they do not behave in this way,

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a bit pointless if you're going to use a linking app anyway, I found my S7 overheating when USB-ing and in the charger tray, so now I have it plugged in and next to the charging slot. I reckon it's only any good for Windows phones that don't have linking apps yet

·
Registered
979 Posts
Received my iphone QI pad thingy today and have given a quick test in a 25 minute drive back to work. The car picked up that I had put a Qi enabled device in the charging pad and started charging it up. There was also no interference or issues playing music off my phone at the same time :D I got the charging pad I mentioned as well but this seems a bit weird as the phone seems to turn the screen on and off every minute or so :? I will keep you posted how I get on after further tests.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Forgot to mention on the 25 min charging the phone did not seem to heat up at all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts