Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your boot electric?
I just watched a review by dishy tomas and he said was electric but hasn't mentioned footwiggle

I did ask this at the dealership and I thought it was only electric if bought with foot wiggler ..... I may have misunderstood or they may have not been familiar enough yet as they didn't have an xcellence in at that stage

But what is the score. Can anyone who has taken delivery confirm this please?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi Saggy, I obviously havent received my Xcellence yet :( but have been asking this exact question. Every video review I have watched even when they didn't wiggle seemed to have an electric boot. I even asked the awesome Thomas and he didn't seem to think so :cry:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

So doesnt look like it. The video by carwow is the first one I've seen with a manual boot with no button to shut it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kindness and thank you

I have ordered it because I want the electric boot but I wasn't as worried about the foot wiggle bit

If the extra money on the config turned out to be just for the wiggle bit I'd be a bit fed up :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think the operative word is "with" as in pedal. Probably in reviews where the reviewer is use to the opening button just presses it rather than wiggling foot. I can see Thomas may worry about smashing his mountain bikes into the stay. So the virtual pedal is all in the package. Probably be one of those repair things in the future when the motor gives up, like the window ones if you keep the car long enough.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No electric boot as standard unfortunately, i fell for the marketing and read it as that it was the virtual pedal you were paying extra for. If im honest though i like the thought that if i need to stop the boot i wont be pushing against a motor. Despite the size of the boot lid its very easy to open and close without electrical assistance.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The wiggle option required the Kessy keyless entry. In theory you could have a powered lid without the wiggle and Kessy but that doesn't seem to an option. The powered boot on the SE costs more than it does on the excellence because the excellence comes with Kessy as standard.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all for your comments :)

I was a bit yes/no about ordering it.
I have manual boot on my yeti with no issues but I'm getting lazy in my old age ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I know the feeling, you do have to give some tailgates a good yank which means reaching up, then with parked cars close by you can't always stand in the right position. Lastly the virtual pedal will come in handy when fully loaded. I reckon, will have to try it, when leaving the car, grab most of the shopping, push the button, grab the rest and duck out the way, so no balancing stuff on fingers to free a hand up. Pure luxury.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Saggy said:
Is your boot electric?
I just watched a review by dishy tomas and he said was electric but hasn't mentioned footwiggle

I did ask this at the dealership and I thought it was only electric if bought with foot wiggler ..... I may have misunderstood or they may have not been familiar enough yet as they didn't have an xcellence in at that stage

I have th excellence with xcellence package and that had electric boot. I assumed it came with foot wiggle but I may be wrong. I'll try it later

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Bruceyo said:
Saggy said:
Is your boot electric?

I have th excellence with xcellence package and that had electric boot. I assumed it came with foot wiggle but I may be wrong. I'll try it later
If the tailgates electric you got the wiggle. The wiggle is applied bang centre where the tow hook would be if you had one, just under slightly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tell said:
Bruceyo said:
Saggy said:
Is your boot electric?

If the tailgates electric you got the wiggle. The wiggle is applied bang centre where the tow hook would be if you had one, just under slightly.
Yes, at our dealer, we were also told the electric boot was extra. The wiggle does come with the electric boot. So I made my order with the electric boot and wiggle.

Mind when we tried the wiggle in the showroom - it was more drop sweep kick than a wiggle to get it to work :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bwindi said:
Mind when we tried the wiggle in the showroom - it was more drop sweep kick than a wiggle to get it to work :D
:mrgreen: :lol: I look forward to trying!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
From the technical training manual

ELECTRIC TAILGATE
The electric tailgate has an electric opening system.
The electric tailgate has three opening and closing
modes:

/ Manually, from a button located on the centre
console or from the boot button.

/ Using the remote control.

/ Using a virtual pedal linked to the Kessy system.
Move your foot under the rear bumper to activate
it. As a warning before the tailgate begins to
move, the turn signal lights and the third brake
light will come on.
The word drop kick was used above I think, some sporting term, Saggy coined wiggle.... I'd stick with a virtual drop kick bang in the middle which is what the lead Seat technician told the dealer to do, rather than side swipe swishing, although it won't budge if the tow bar is dropped but not engaged.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would go along with the "drop kick" analogy. If in doubt - look in the manual.

● Switch the ignition off.
● Stand in front of the rear bumper, in the
middle.
● With a brisk movement, bring your foot and lower leg as close as you can to the bumper. The lower part of the leg needs to be close to the upper sensor area and your foot to the lower sensor area ››› Fig. 123 1 .
● Quickly remove your foot and lower leg from the sensor areas ››› Fig. 123 2 . The rear lid opens automatically.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Hope mine works better. Bang in the middle where you foot your foot. I'd take it back. No left / right movement, just foot under.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Alien body perhaps ? ;).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Alien body perhaps ? ;).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.