Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! After months of restraint and reluctance, we finally signed the papers for our new Seat Ateca today - our first new car after previously owning previously owned '96 VW Polo and '95 BMW 520i's. We're so unbelievably excited. Now we just have to wait 5 to 6 months...

As a fellow dane, LMose, already revealed in another thread, cars are expensive in Denmark.

Here's what we specified for our mid trim-level Ateca, called "Style" and similar to the "SE" in the UK:

Thought some you might get some joy from this :lol:

- 1.4 TSI ACT DSG 2WD
Extras:
- Lava Blue metallic paint
- Black/grey alcantara upholstery
- Navigation system
- Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack Plus
- Chrome window surrounds
- Aluminium roof rails
- Towbar/hook
- Winter tyres/wheels

List price: approx. 422.000DKK = 56.000€ = 49.000£
Haggled the price down to approx. 390.000DKK = 52.000€ = 45.000£

What we did not get for that price: 19" or even 18" wheels, Drive Profile dial-thing, LED-headlights, tinted rear-windows, electric tailgate, KESSY or any kind of cameras.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congratulations!

Why such a long delivery? I ordered 12th Oct and my car is being built next week so I'd expect delivery mid Jan, that's 3 months.

Maybe the country you live in has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello Sorte Per and welcome to the forum

that price is frightening! :shock:

I am off to look at earning comparison etc on google now ...... there must be something that counterbalances it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cost of living is the highest in the EU. Taxes on cars specifically are through the rough crazy high, but we do get free education, free health care, grants to support students through higher education, and lots of other benefits which in my oppinion - and apparently the majority of my countrymen share this oppinion - make up for the high level of taxation. We're generally doing more than ok here although income inequality is rising, like it is everywhere on the planet.

With that said, buying a car at this price level felt more nervewrecking than buying our house. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David_S said:
Congratulations!

Why such a long delivery? I ordered 12th Oct and my car is being built next week so I'd expect delivery mid Jan, that's 3 months.

Thanks!

Don't know why delivery times are like that. Six out of the seven Seat dealers I've been talking to gave me the same estimate when I asked a month ago. Maybe we got the sh**tiest slots here. Maybe dealers are just conservative. :lol:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
David_S said:
Congratulations!

You seem to be the exception to the rule. It's nearer 5 months for almost everyone else.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sorte Per said:
Cost of living is the highest in the EU. Taxes on cars specifically are through the rough crazy high, but we do get free education, free health care, grants to support students through higher education, and lots of other benefits which in my oppinion - and apparently the majority of my countrymen share this oppinion - make up for the high level of taxation. We're generally doing more than ok here although income inequality is rising, like it is everywhere on the planet.

With that said, buying a car at this price level felt more nervewrecking than buying our house. :)
Thank you for the comprehensive reply.
I did google this morning before work and was quite surprised at the high prices of most goods compared to here.
I did find one report that spoke about education etc and that general satisfaction in standard of living was higher than the uk :)

It is the balance isn't it.
If you are able to have a decent work life balance and some spare money in the pocket then i guess it doesn't matter how that final result is achieved. :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Good choice on the upholstery and the DSG in 1.4 you can't buy in the UK for reasons unknown.

Wait till post Brexit... English or British saying "Turkeys voting for Xmas". I suspect I will be got at, but you can expect price hikes of European imports and inflation running wild.

Imported cars use to be expensive in the UK, there were a number of campaigns to get a price match with the European market. You use to be able to buy a DIY guide on importing a car or use small companies to do it (I recall that was the origin of Broadspeed). In the end it was the EU that stopped the price hike on RHD cars manufactured in Europe. That was the loop hole, since manufacturers couldnt hike the price you could order abroad, import it yourself, register it, plates on etc. Manufacturers would play the warranty game, but here you got the EU to thank for that one, that they were covered.

I expect the bad old days will return. We are talking about 30 years ago from memory. Still we'll all be able to buy Chinease cars soon. You would go to a German dealer and they supplied you with a RHD car that you drove home. Some collection trips, probably on the pricey cars throw in a factory visit.

I use the cup of coffee test in Nordic countries as to the price of stuff. Have had a number of trips to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland (latter flew). The all inclusive boat packages with a hotel were the best option then you would get hit by just the cups of coffee you bought out on the days out. Oh yes and it was cold... We did stay at a hotel where NRK were having an away day and drunk their coffee :). They did speak to us in the lift in Norwegian and probably said how are you finding it... :). I can't say that reindeer tastes very nice.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fred99 said:
David_S said:
Congratulations!

You seem to be the exception to the rule. It's nearer 5 months for almost everyone else.
I wonder if the paint is having something to do with it then? I'm the only one on here having Cheapskate... I mean Mediterranean Blue. I know there are delays on Samoa Orange but I wonder if others have delays too.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Not been said on other colours although we know there has been a 1.4 TSI engine shortage. Then Seat by country can play about with how much capacity they use in the factory. The UK guy said he had argued his case, so you could see if they wanted to develop a market they would organise better availability than one they already had.

·
Registered
77 Posts
we got told by our dealer that if you order today there is up to 9 month delivery :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMose said:
we got told by our dealer that if you order today there is up to 9 month delivery :eek:
Ouch! Really hope our order won't be that late. Samoa Orange orders in now are expected for july delivery, is what our dealer said. Not that we wanted that colour but we asked if our choice of lava blue would cause a delay, which they said it wouldn't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorte Per said:
LMose said:
Ouch! Really hope our order won't be that late. Samoa Orange orders in now are expected for july delivery, is what our dealer said. Not that we wanted that colour but we asked if our choice of lava blue would cause a delay, which they said it wouldn't.
the 1.4 engine is still a delay options :S

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, didn't know that. Thanks, I guess. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
But I'm having a 1.4????

I really do hope they're not fobbing me off with the build date but I doubt it to be honest as Seat UK sent me the email that confirmed my build date is week 49 W/C 5th Dec.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
David I suspect you fall into the Kindness catergory that Seat UK have found some production capacity for these which isn't available in some other countries. May be it's all the 2WD TDI150 slots they are claiming, who knows.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our Seat Ateca Exellence was surpossed to be build in week 52 but it is all ready builded cause denmark got some of the unused spot from other contry, so i am happy 1-1½ week left waiting for it :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am in the U.K. and hope to be ordering an Ateca shortly... once I have decided exactly which options to go for!

However I had assumed there would be about a 3 month wait for it to be 'built to order', and I don't really want it before 1st march anyway!

My choice of engine is definitely the 1.4 TSI petrol though, so I just hope that won't delay things too much.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
David_S said:
But I'm having a 1.4????

I really do hope they're not fobbing me off with the build date but I doubt it to be honest as Seat UK sent me the email that confirmed my build date is week 49 W/C 5th Dec.
Don't worry. I guess there's no straight line from order book to delivery. Some people are lucky, some are not. Apparently at this stage the logistics of managing a first in, first out production line are impossible with orders coming in from thousands of dealers from several different countries.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LMose said:
Our Seat Ateca Exellence was surpossed to be build in week 52 but it is all ready builded cause denmark got some of the unused spot from other contry, so i am happy 1-1½ week left waiting for it :D
That's great! Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.