Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have now got our Ateca 2.0tdi 4rive Xcellence Black Magic. Order placed end of August, build week 39 (26 Sept), arrived in UK on 10 Oct, collection from dealer today.
She is great, have been really impressed so far. Have spent a good hour adjusting all the settings - still think I haven't discovered all that the car does. View attachment 43
A few things:
- Tailgate opener seems to be working ok but have noticed you do need to be patient and wait for it to work. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product Tire Automotive design

- We have a spare wheel (space saver). The boot floor/spare wheel cover is approx 2" lower than door lip so not so good for sliding items in and out of the boot. However, the cover does have side flaps which open up to reveal storage spaces (which you will see I have already filled). Hood Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

- Heated windscreen - have struggled to find any mention of it in the manual but think it is turned on using the middle knob of the heating controls. Then selecting the option on the touch screen.

It is a super car and definitely worth waiting for.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the 18" ones which come as standard with the Xcellence trim. I think they look good in contrast with the black paintwork. Although we live in the middle of nowhere, so doubt wheels and paintwork will look good for long!

·
Registered
42 Posts
She looks lovely. That seems a very quick timescale between build and pickup! If mine is the same then I've only a couple more weeks to wait :)

Thanks for the info on the heated windscreen - I've been wondering how it works.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great.

Is the boot the same with 2wd with spare wheel.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
congratulations to the proud parent :D

looks gorgeous :)

thanks for info on heated screen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Belluszyra said:
Looks great.

Is the boot the same with 2wd with spare wheel.
Not sure but think it probably is. Our order was originally for the 2WD with spare wheel but we changed it for the 4WD when we heard that there were going to be long delays.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have just taken her out this evening. The LED lights are amazing. We live on a single track road and the extra light makes such a difference. Although have noticed the lights aren't adjustable ie the beam can't be lowered if car is fully laden. The space where the adjustment dial usually is, is blanked off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are the led headlights self leveling. I seem to remember reading in the manual.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes ,you're right.

Just found this on pg 137 of the manual:
"Dynamic headlight range control - The control is not mounted in vehicles with dynamic headlight range control. The head light range is automatically adjusted according to the vehicle load status when they are switched on"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the boot pictures. Have checked the brochure and realised I can get double floor with a spare wheel. (didn't realise it was 4wd that couldn't). Hopefully can add this as our car won't be built till February.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the first real life picture I have seen of the black magic coloured Ateca. It looks very nice! I also ordered an Xcellence in black magic. the only difference are the 18" wheels. I have ordered the 18" Performance bicolour ones:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They will look lovely. It didn't occur to me to change to these 18". I was reluctant to upgrade to the 19" as I have back issues and didn't want to make the ride any firmer.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for the detailed information on the boot. Yes the penny dropped a few weeks ago that my 4WD boot with spare was going to have a lip. I hope I can juggle my chiller box lid open and won't have to slide it a few inches forward as I do now to lift the shopping out (milk supplies) without hitting the parcel shelf. We'll see. The two inch drop is a bit of a pain, the logic must have been you can't store anything in this two inches so we won't give it too you, whilst giving it too you would have made it level, plus the two inches which one could use. Not the best outcome in design terms.

I didnt realise that that the boot cover had "ears", perhaps this was a feature they added later so you could get at either side. I'm sure they have just added that design from the white LHD doing the rounds and the one I saw in Silverstone back in May. Mine will by stuffed since I carry alot on the lower deck and have a shelf under the parcel shelf at the minute (Altea) . I reckon I will be loosing 90 percent of my storage that I currently have in the lower area. Moment of truth in just over two weeks time.

18" bi wheels didn't exist in July for order. Went for 19", as long as I sit upright, I'm fine for backache and don't mind a firm ride. Belted in bucket seats in the proper SUV driving position which is upright and I'm fine.

Think yours is one of the record ones ordered after launch.

·
Registered
425 Posts
DJ41 said:
This is the first real life picture I have seen of the black magic coloured Ateca. It looks very nice! I also ordered an Xcellence in black magic. the only difference are the 18" wheels. I have ordered the 18" Performance bicolour ones:

Are they the same as the ones on my SE Tech and the first edition?
They look very similar.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Tell said:
I didnt realise that that the boot cover had "ears", perhaps this was a feature they added later so you could get at either side. I'm sure they have just added that design from the white LHD doing the rounds and the one I saw in Silverstone back in May. .
I looked at a couple of Atecas yesterday. Neither had the "Ears". One had nothing at all, the other had a flap at the rear which allowed a lift up opening of about a third of the boot floor. That would not be as useful as the side openings as that is where the (small) amount of available storage is. You could gain a little extra storage by removing the fitted polystyrene tool holders and putting the tools in a fabric roll.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Tiguan sales guy said about removing polystyrene tool holders, I don't know how they are fixed down, glued ?. Space is going to be a premium for me.

Perhaps they don't all come with the ears. I will know in a couple of weeks time for me. I expect I will have them unless it's a lucky dip for the 4 Drive with a spare boot floor when they assemble the car.

I'm going to layout all the contents of my existing car on the lounge floor and then drive off, get my new one and reload. That's when I'll find it won't all go in due to the reduction in boot space and lack of other cubby holes. Can't win them all. Will have a pile of stuff that I won't need in the new car, then a pile of stuff that won't fit in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts