Meet Sally The Seat

Post pictures of your Seat Ateca here
Montala

Re: Meet Sally The Seat

Post by Montala » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Fred99 wrote:No, I am still hoping for delivery mid Feb. The current build date is 3/17. Delivery is a bit quicker here as it's just a road trip, so it "should " arrive mid Feb. Luckily, for me, the date is not critical, just frustrating. I suspect you are confusing build weeks with months!

As far as I know, the accessories are not factory fit. In the UK they seem to be priced to include fitting by the dealer. In Spain they are cheaper, but fitting is not included. Most are simple stick on bits, but the front "off-road" grill takes 4 hours to fit. I was going to get it, but not at that price! I will go with the basic trim and fog light surround, plus the boot trim and protector (these really ought to be standard on the Xcellence version.)
Yes... you are right... I saw 6/17 and (wrongly) assumed it was month 6! :?

I am just looking at the lower front grille moulding (like Saggy has on hers) and wouldn't have thought that would take 4 hours to fit.... apparently it uses a combination of clips and sticky tape, but it may well be a 'dealer fit' anyway... I will check when I visit them again tomorrow.

Is this also the "off-road" grill you mention, or is it the more substantial one (as shown on page 52 of the main brochure) which I think is part of a styling kit or something, and is what confused me in the first place... not all that difficult these days! ;)
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Montala wrote:
Fred99 wrote:No, I am still hoping for delivery mid Feb. The current build date is 3/17. Delivery is a bit quicker here as it's just a road trip, so it "should " arrive mid Feb. Luckily, for me, the date is not critical, just frustrating. I suspect you are confusing build weeks with months!

As far as I know, the accessories are not factory fit. In the UK they seem to be priced to include fitting by the dealer. In Spain they are cheaper, but fitting is not included. Most are simple stick on bits, but the front "off-road" grill takes 4 hours to fit. I was going to get it, but not at that price! I will go with the basic trim and fog light surround, plus the boot trim and protector (these really ought to be standard on the Xcellence version.)

I am just looking at the lower front grille moulding (like Saggy has on hers) and wouldn't have thought that would take 4 hours to fit.... apparently it uses a combination of clips and sticky tape, but it may well be a 'dealer fit' anyway... I will check when I visit them again tomorrow.

Is this also the "off-road" grill you mention, or is it the more substantial one (as shown on page 52 of the main brochure) which I think is part of a styling kit or something, and is what confused me in the first place... not all that difficult these days! ;)
Montana - the 'simple' lower grille moulding is really simple to fit, I've read the instructions but have yet to fit mine; it is held on by a series of clips that fit into the gaps in the existing grill, and also secure with grab tape on various points. A careful approach would see it as a DIY job. There are both front & rear "off road" bumper extensions that (for the rear can combine with replacement sports exhausts) but these are much more complicated to fit; haven't seen the instructions but imagine these require drilling, primer and other fixings to fit. I think Saggy has got the additional trim just right without it being tacky i.e. Front grill, fog surrounds and bumper protector. I have all of these to fit, plus the the tailgate trim and mudflaps - that's as far as I will go; too old now to "pimp my ride" too much :lol: :lol:
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:38 pm

mcderms wrote:
Montala wrote:

Montana - the 'simple' lower grille moulding is really simple to fit, I've read the instructions but have yet to fit mine; it is held on by a series of clips that fit into the gaps in the existing grill, and also secure with grab tape on various points. A careful approach would see it as a DIY job. There are both front & rear "off road" bumper extensions that (for the rear can combine with replacement sports exhausts) but these are much more complicated to fit; haven't seen the instructions but imagine these require drilling, primer and other fixings to fit. I think Saggy has got the additional trim just right without it being tacky i.e. Front grill, fog surrounds and bumper protector. I have all of these to fit, plus the the tailgate trim and mudflaps - that's as far as I will go; too old now to "pimp my ride" too much :lol: :lol:
mcderms, what's the price for this lower grille and the foglight frames?
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Bagheera wrote:
mcderms, what's the price for this lower grille and the foglight frames?
I have no idea what they would cost in your part of the world; between them I paid roughly £180 Sterling, without fitting :D
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Montala

Post by Montala » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:51 pm

@Bagheera... I know you didn't ask me, but have a look at http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category ... 017,b.html

That is who Saggy uses, and having spoken to them on the phone today, I found them very helpful and knowledgeable.

Good prices at the moment too! ;)

EDIT: Oops... I now have a feeling that you aren't in the UK... sorry! :?
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Montala wrote:@Bagheera... I know you didn't ask me, but have a look at http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category ... 017,b.html

That is who Saggy uses, and having spoken to them on the phone today, I found them very helpful and knowledgeable.

Good prices at the moment too! ;)
Assistance appreciated, mate, thank you :) I haven't asked for the local prices yet, just wondered what it could be in the UK.
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:26 am

Hello Sally,

I have been intrigued by the attention you (or your car) is getting, probably the former. I have a question please. IN the 8th picture you display the red flashes on the door interior. Did those come with the Decorative Pack (which I have ordered) or did you have to get them separately?

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Welshman wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:26 am
Hello Sally,

I have been intrigued by the attention you (or your car) is getting, probably the former. I have a question please. IN the 8th picture you display the red flashes on the door interior. Did those come with the Decorative Pack (which I have ordered) or did you have to get them separately?
Hi there

when I ordered you bought all the trim bits separately

SEAT Ateca Air Conditioning Trim in Emotion Red 575064740CMAR
SEAT Ateca Centre Console Trim in Emotion Red with Keyless Entry 577064740AMAR
SEAT Ateca Dash Panel Trim in Emotion Red 577064740MAR
SEAT Ateca Door Trims in Emotion Red with LED Lights 575064740DMAR
SEAT Ateca Leather Steering Wheel Trim in Emotion Red 575072390AS3H

I'm not sure what packs they are doing now

btw my name is Sara (nickname Saggy) ~ the car was meant to be Sally but she has morphed into being called Saggy too due to her number plate :D
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 am

Thank you Sara; most informative.

Return to “Members Gallery”