Homemade boot floor

Post pictures of your Seat Ateca here
PJM

Homemade boot floor

Post by PJM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:20 pm

A few piccies of my home made boot floor that also enables me to carry my second hand space saver.

IMG_0280a.jpg

IMG_0283a.jpg

IMG_0281a.jpg

Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

AlasdairMac

Re: Homemade boot floor

Post by AlasdairMac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks for posting this PJM. I’ve purchased a space saver and at the moment I’ve got it supported upright against the boot side wall but this looks to be a much better arrangement. What did you use - looks like a plywood base with a carpet-type covering?
Ateca 2.0 TDi 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive Black.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Looks very good

PJM

Post by PJM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Plywood base sitting on the front and rear ledge, 2 side supports and some car carpet to cover.
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi,

Just checked out your boot floor pix, Brilliant stuff, I run the 2.0 TDi 4Drive excellence with the 19" wheels and would like to add a spare rather then a can of Gunk, where did you get your space saver wheel a Seat don't seem to be up to selling them yet, you could get a bit of business going with your idea, well done.

Regards fujixpro.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 pm

I do love it when people actually do stuff for themselves rather than head down the 'off the shelf' route. (If you'll exuse the pun). Well done.

Sorry to butt in on thread but - fujixpro... I recently had the privilege, or should that be nighmare, of cycling one week - running the next, thru Cumbernauld. In all the years I've gone thru that town it's always been by car. It must be the most runner unfriendly place on earth. Trying to navigate on foot! :shock: But one thing I did notice on my travels was the number of Ateca's - Cumbernauld seems to have more than it's fair share.

I was running just east of Abronhill area - you're not one of the Ateca's that drives up the by-pass (Forest Rd?) about 8:30'ish every morning? A black SE-T (or could be SE with options), a Grey Xcellence and Lava Blue Xcellence all within a minute or so of each other.

PJM

Post by PJM » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 pm

The space saver and tool kit (jack, wheel erench etc) all came from flea bay. There are some relative bargains if you are prepared to search and wait.

In total itcame to abot £70.

Glad you like it, serves its purpose and only took a couple of hours.

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi Golfmk56,

Did not realise there were so many Atecas in Sunny Cumbernauld, I drive a Nevada White 2Tdi Excellence with 19 inch wheels plus additional body trimming, and I actually drive along Forest Rd Mon / Fri coming back from the Airport area at around 9.05 am, mind you the car is revolting muddy white at the moment, Dead Butch.

Return to “Members Gallery”