Homemade boot floor (again)

Post pictures of your Seat Ateca here
Davidj241

Re: Homemade boot floor (again)

Post by Davidj241 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 am

Excellent job and description-might have a go myself (once the weather warms up ! lol )

Well done

frasreid

Post by frasreid » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:02 am

Thanks guys. It wasn't too difficult to do and not that expensive. I don't know how much the Seat double floor costs but I bet it's a lot more than £30. When I did this, I was quite lucky as it was a nice day (for the end of November) and in central Scotland. However if it had been miserable, I would have done it in the garage but it is nice to be able to work outside. Remember the old adage, measure twice and cut once. Thanks for the positive comments and all the best.

Mill

Post by Mill » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Made mine almost the same way, but did this to allow a full size spare wheel to fit in as I have no wheel well (4 Drive), can't give a costing as I already had the plywood and timber for support legs in he garage, left over from an earlier project, didn't need carpet either as I use a boot liner (Aldi approx £10.00) for the dogs, plenty space for a scissor jack and warning triangle plus a bit more.
Ateca Xcellence 2.0 Diesel 4 drive Magic Black

Allain

Post by Allain » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:18 pm

So plywood legs can support it just fine?

frasreid

Post by frasreid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 am

My legs are not plywood, they made from offcuts of timber decking, which I think are about 22m thick. However they support the shelf with no trouble at all. I carry a mobility scooter in mine from time to time and it has supported it with no issues whatsoever. I do not know the weight of the scooter, but as you can imagine, it is heavy. I am not near the car just now to measure the legs. I will measure them later and if they are any different to what I have posted, I will update this. Hope this helps

George M

Post by George M » Thu May 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Joined the forum specifically for frasreids Homemade boot panel posts first class and a huge help towards my own efforts to do the same. Cheers!
17 plate Ateca Xcellence ECO TSi 1.4 in Jungle Green great spec with Leather seats, park assist and more cameras than Jessops.

frasreid

Post by frasreid » Fri May 15, 2020 11:47 am

Hi George M.

I am glad that this post has helped you and any other Ateca owners out there.
Thats what forums are for, to help each other.
All the best.

FR