Just Back from the detailor

Post pictures of your Seat Ateca here
ps5108

Re: Just Back from the detailor

Post by ps5108 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 am

When (???) mine arrives, I plan to decline the dealer's ceramic paint protection offer and take it straight round to a detailer. Having read up about it and searched all the local detailers websites, I've decided to go down that route.

My main reason for doing this is, without seriously knocking the dealers' efforts, what every detailer says is quite right. A dealer has to prepare lots of cars in a short space of time and something will, inevitable, give. Which means that their preparation can't be of the same standard as a detailer's. Most detailers want a car for at least 24 hours, sometimes 48, to carry out their work and their prices are still comparable to a dealer's.

Anyway, that's my two penn'orth.
Ordered on the 9th of May: SE Technology 1.4 150 DSG, Bila White. Extras: Spare Wheel, Tinted Rear Windows, Double Floor, Heated Windscreen, Mud Flaps and Convenience Pack. No confirmed build date after 3 months, so order cancelled :(

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 am

ps5108 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 am
When (???) mine arrives, I plan to decline the dealer's ceramic paint protection offer and take it straight round to a detailer. Having read up about it and searched all the local detailers websites, I've decided to go down that route.

My main reason for doing this is, without seriously knocking the dealers' efforts, what every detailer says is quite right. A dealer has to prepare lots of cars in a short space of time and something will, inevitable, give. Which means that their preparation can't be of the same standard as a detailer's. Most detailers want a car for at least 24 hours, sometimes 48, to carry out their work and their prices are still comparable to a dealer's.

Anyway, that's my two penn'orth.
Totally agree depending on prep time And products used I've been quoted upto £700 and 5 days for a full correction enhancement using a kamikaze top coat excuse the poor spelling as even brand new paint will have orange peel and damage under inspection lighting. I'm aiming for a £300 package when car arrives and I actually get the detailer to inspect it
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

JimBob

Post by JimBob » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 pm

I am still very happy with the finish. I went away for a fortnight, leaving the car relatively clean. On my return it still looked fine. However the big bonus is that it is so much quicker to clean as the jet wash gets the majority off. It's really just the bugs that need a bit of work but even these are easier.
The detailor also gave me a microfiber towel for drying the car. It's amazing that a cloth like a small towel can dry a car that size. It's much better than a chamois leather that can also leave scratches.
JimBob (not Walton) 1.0 TSI SE Nevada White

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Always carry a microfibre towel and some quick detailer to remove bird poo as soon as I see it
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

Return to “Members Gallery”