Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

New Car Collected Today

17K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  EileenG 
#1 ·
Eighteen weeks and one day after placing the order, I collected my Ateca on this blustery & extremely wet Saturday morning Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And it is beautiful! I love the black. Health to enjoy!

#6 ·
zeczyguy said:
where do you live as I am expecting mine anytime soon and was wondering if your area gets them sooner
I live in the midlands. I ordered my ATECA FR Sport DSG on 30th July. Car was built 19th October. I was told the car would leave port 29th or 30th October. When I rang SEAT on 31st October to see if the car had left they said it hadn't and that my car would likely be on the next boat due back in Barcelona from the UK on the 8th November or the one after on 15th October. Not sure why mine is spending so much time on the docks? They said it would take around 11 days for travel and then the wait for car to travel to dealership. So can't see it coming in November. When I complained about the discrepancies in information they said they only class 5 weeks over initial 12 week lead time as overdue.

#8 ·
Ateca is not shipped from Barcelona, it is built in Czech Republic at the Skoda factory and shipped from Bremen in Germany

#11 ·
Discostu93 said:
That's what I have read on forums. But that's what the seat customer relations operator said. Apparently some of them are made in Spain. That's what I have said in my message. The discrepancies I. What I've been told have thrown me. Not sure who or what to believe.
Sorry but that is BS

#12 ·
Bedlam said:
Discostu93 said:
That's what I have read on forums. But that's what the seat customer relations operator said. Apparently some of them are made in Spain. That's what I have said in my message. The discrepancies I. What I've been told have thrown me. Not sure who or what to believe.
Sorry but that is BS
Just rang up again. Car still awaiting an allocation to a ship. 16 days so far. I asked what port and they said it was Barcelona and when I said about them being made in Chech and then transported to German. The operates said that wasn't the case. This whole process has been a mess.

#13 ·
When I made enquires about mine I was also told it was shipping from Barcelona.

I was also told there are 3 sailings a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, these three boats to the UK are dedicated to Bringing the Ateca only. ....... so I was informed by SEAT CS.

Mine arrived via Sheerness , but one ship goes Grimsby and another ship to another port but can't remember which.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason in what customer are told

Personally, this is just my option feel free to disagree I won't be offended. The car is made in the Skoda factory as mentioned, I don't believe shipping the car to Barcelona and then onward to its final port, it's an expensive proposition and doesn't make business sense. I think there has been an impact with new MY20 phase in, in that parts may not have been available for the new spec so the build of some cars was delayed (speculation). I don't have faith in the dealer network ordering process, I think to keep their monthly numbers in balance some orders may be held back and the order placed the following month (speculation), thus ensuring on paper the month target numbers are achieved.

I ordered my car 27th June, the factory, I am told didn't confirm the order until 22nd August, car was built about 5 weeks after that

As I said just my thoughts and pure conjecture so probably BS

#14 ·
Maybe BS, @furion, but I'm inclined to agree with your BS. I can see neither rhyme nor reason to these strange delivery estimates.
Mine was 13 weeks from order to collection and we're in NI, so an extra bit of water to cross, whereas plenty of people on the mainland seem to be waiting 4 months or more for their identical model Atecas.
I was originally told November for a late July order, then December, but I collected it on the 21st October!

#15 ·
Furion said:
When I made enquires about mine I was also told it was shipping from Barcelona.

I was also told there are 3 sailings a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, these three boats to the UK are dedicated to Bringing the Ateca only. ....... so I was informed by SEAT CS.

Mine arrived via Sheerness , but one ship goes Grimsby and another ship to another port but can't remember which.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason in what customer are told

Personally, this is just my option feel free to disagree I won't be offended. The car is made in the Skoda factory as mentioned, I don't believe shipping the car to Barcelona and then onward to its final port, it's an expensive proposition and doesn't make business sense. I think there has been an impact with new MY20 phase in, in that parts may not have been available for the new spec so the build of some cars was delayed (speculation). I don't have faith in the dealer network ordering process, I think to keep their monthly numbers in balance some orders may be held back and the order placed the following month (speculation), thus ensuring on paper the month target numbers are achieved.

I ordered my car 27th June, the factory, I am told didn't confirm the order until 22nd August, car was built about 5 weeks after that

As I said just my thoughts and pure conjecture so probably BS
Thanks for that. I've contact my local dealer Listers and told them the information I have been told and I don't believe it to be true. She is contacting the main dealer for UK SEAT for me and hopefully I get a correct answer. I feel like the whole process has been Misinformation after misinformation just to fob me off.

#18 ·
Picked up mine today, used, but new to me 💕

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.