Rear Wiper Problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
jasbo11

Rear Wiper Problems

Post by jasbo11 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am

I got my Ateca SE 1.4 on 8th March. Early April the rear wiper starting juddering. The dealer replaced the blade and told me to come back if it played up again and it would assist them if I videoed it. Of course this happened this week (in pouring rain as well) as the wiper started juddering again but worse than before. Gave the video to the service manager yesterday and now waiting to hear what they intend doing about it.

JimH

Re: Rear Wiper Problems

Post by JimH » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm

SEAT standard wipers seem to be made of something like cheese...... Our Ateca's still too new to be affected, but I recently replaced my Leon rear blade with an OEM-fit Bosch one from eBay and it's better than the factory-fit one ever was.....
Xcellence 1.4Tsi DSG, Rodium, SEAT sound (inc. Spare!), 19" "Exclusive" alloys, double boot floor

Order: 12/03/2017 Prov build : was Wk19, then 21 Built: Wk 20
Landed : Sheerness 6/6 Danube Highway
Arr Dealer : 13/6 Collected : 17/6

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 am

jasbo11 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am
I got my Ateca SE 1.4 on 8th March. Early April the rear wiper starting juddering. The dealer replaced the blade and told me to come back if it played up again and it would assist them if I videoed it. Of course this happened this week (in pouring rain as well) as the wiper started juddering again but worse than before. Gave the video to the service manager yesterday and now waiting to hear what they intend doing about it.
'
I've had this too on a couple of occasions - no consistancy to it tho, simply assumed some kind of contamination on the glass.

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 am
jasbo11 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am
'
I've had this too on a couple of occasions - no consistancy to it tho, simply assumed some kind of contamination on the glass.
Yeah I had it for a couple of days after waxing the car, so presumed I had got some on the glass :roll:
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Wax is a common cause for juddering wipers. If you put your car thru machine wash with waxing on the program, you should clean the wipers afterwards with the raw windscreen washer fluid.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

kee

Post by kee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Hmm, I was driving in the rain yesterday and both the rear and part of the front was juddering. Is that worthy of taking back to the dealer?
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

loffler

Post by loffler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:07 pm

I also complained about Juddering wipers to my dealer after a couple weeks of owning the car.
I had waxed the car and had used windscreen products, so couldn't be sure if it was the car or what I had done.
They offered to replace blades if it kept on doing it - it didn't.
After a couple washes with normal car shampoo and a few rainy days the juddering went away.
I presume I used the wrong product on the screen and/or the wipers bedded in.
Jungle Green 1.4 EcoTSi DSG Xcellence
Heated Windscreen and Virtual Pedal
Ordered 3rd Feb - Delivered 24th Apr

jasbo11

Post by jasbo11 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi, the back window wiper problem has not been contaminated with any wax or anything. The service manager has still not decided on the way forward as he has been unable to discuss with his senior mechanic who, between them, need to agree a replacement. This, despite the mechanic being nearby from his desk and daily contact takes place re service dockets and billing. I really regret buying my third SEAT car and I'm already thinking of selling because these people are doing my head in! The SEAT customer services idiots in Leeds are pathetic/clueless (re my recent cam belt query) and I feel somewhat depressed at present and cannot "enjoy" the car.

kee

Post by kee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:33 pm

My juddering has cleared up
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Dadofett

Post by Dadofett » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Been raining in Essex and the rear wiper only juddered when it was dry. I don't mind the sound as it reminds me it's on.
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

Return to “Faults & Technical”