SEAT UK Complaints

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Andyam

SEAT UK Complaints

Post by Andyam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with SEAT UK directly in regards to complaints and what their turn around time for responses are like? The guy I spoke to today couldn't give me any indication... I've put one in today about SEAT Bristol due to issues with their work they they completed.

Long Story goes;
Brought my Ateca from SEAT Bradford and it was agreed I'd get mud flaps and also the rear bumper chrome trim. Due to the time scales of when they could drop the car to me they couldn't get the parts in time, so they sent them afterwards on the basis I'd have to fit or pay to have them fitted which I was ok about.

When I got the car I noticed at the piano black trim inside had a nick in it, Bradford agreed a replacement part and fitted would be reimbursed. The chrome bit and the flaps came but the trim was bent, they agreed I could order my own and they would reimburse me great.

Took the car to SEAT Bristol, requested they fit the new interior bit which I ordered from them, and also the chrrome trim which I also ordered from them. ( I paid for labour for this bit). Upon inspection on my own at th garage the chrome trim wasn't fitted properly and it was raised in the middle where it wasn't stuck down properly. Complained to the service rep who to be fair was annoyed herself that the tech didn't tell her it needed to come back and tried to fob it off. Spoke to the only manager there who was the sales manager. Came across passive aggressive in how he spoke to me, was very not understanding... said we will get the car back in and re fit it, didn't address the issue of me being fobbed off so said I want something for this. Asked what I wanted and at the top of my head said fit my mud flaps as gesture of good will. Response was well why would I do that for you. You just asked me...anyway he couldn't agree to it only the service manager could so I wanted for a call the week after and they agreed.

They picked up my car on a Friday and dropped of a courtesy car, I requested anything with 5 doors having a young family. Rocked up in a 3 door Ibiza...not a good start. Hour later got a call to say the chrome trim was damaged in transit, and they can't get one in until Saturday meaning using the Ibiza for the weekend. Refused and said I would drop the car back to them Saturday morning so long as the chrome trim was fitted in time as I needed the car. Saturday comes I drop the car off the trim is fitted looks ok. And the mud flaps fitted. I think notice the wheel catch trim coming away where the mud flaps fitted...how the technician didn't see that I don't know! Anyway I ask for it to be looked at the tech can't fix it needs rebonding we don't have time you'll have to come back. At this point I am ok ish...I get home and the chrome trim which was just fitted is coming away on the right. So high I can stick my finger underneath and I notice there is a tiny bit of adhesive used on the edge ...call back up need to go back in. Request the Service manager call me on the weekday.

He calls, apologises for the issue. Says he will give me £10 to cover all the trips I've made.i refuse and request the labour to the trim refunded..refuses and just says sorry I can't I'm losing out on money. He then realised it's £28 not an hours which I've been charged and I brought them trim from them so after an hour agrees.

Take the car back...fits the trim all good. Didn't move at all...still ok...but the wheel arch trim...can't fix it need to go back as needs replacing!!! Why wouldn't you order the part in case this happened?! Couldn't answer me...

Went back today to have the wheel arch trim fitted...came out...noticed that they damaged the front part of the wheel arch where the 2 parts meet in the middle!!! Go back get the rep out...she's furious...asks the tech to come out to look. I quote "he's not coming out to speak to you, he knows he did it" WTH! At this point i am cussing left right and centre (I did say this isn't aimed at you, and excuse my language but) she's as peeved off as I am. Business manager comes out and agrees he should of mentioned it! Now back it goes in 2 weeks time!! Gave seat Uk a call and they said can take weeks for a reply... 😑😑

I know it's all cosmetics but I'm more annoyed that the tech has tried to fob me off twice instead of being open and honest about it. If he had returned the keys and said listen I damaged it will need to come back id be annoyed but accepted it as mistake and accidents happen!

SEAT BLADE Bristol IMO is a JOKE
1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

Nikkijamie

Re: SEAT UK Complaints

Post by Nikkijamie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

No experience on seat uk but most large uk firms say allow 28 working days for a reply.
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

fossman

Post by fossman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Just looked online and Seat in Bradford is part of the JCT600 dealership group, could you try complaining to the JCT600 head office before going direct to Seat?
Leasing a 1.0 TSI Ecomotive S in cheapskate blue for 2 years!

jasbo11

Post by jasbo11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Anytime I have complained to SEAT UK customer services about problems they normally remedy the situation within 3 days to two weeks max.

Good luck.

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

fossman wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm
Just looked online and Seat in Bradford is part of the JCT600 dealership group, could you try complaining to the JCT600 head office before going direct to Seat?
I don't have any issues with JCT600...my issue is with SEA blade bristol. Thanks for the suggestions though.
1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:46 pm

jasbo11 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm
Anytime I have complained to SEAT UK customer services about problems they normally remedy the situation within 3 days to two weeks max.

Good luck.
Thanks also thanks to nikkiejamie

PJM

Post by PJM » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I had a reply within 3 days following a contact form on the Seat UK website.
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

kee

Post by kee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Sorry to hear about the ridiculous situations you've faced, just wishing you luck in seeking appropriate compensation
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Why don't you let Seat customer services know about all your rubbish and then send all your info onto What Car Magazine plus let Seat know what you are doing, you are paying a lot of money for your pride and joy and after all What Car have named The Ateca as a car of the year, good luck.

Della

Post by Della » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Good luck with your complaint. Ive been waiting for my requested deadlock letter since 29th July and despite further phone calls and emails I still haven't received it. SEAT customer service is appalling and I certainly wouldn't recommend SEAT to anyone! I've now contacted BBC watchdog

Return to “Faults & Technical”