Slight rattle on drivers door...

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Bobmunkhouse

Slight rattle on drivers door...

Post by Bobmunkhouse » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 am

Hi all,

I'm loving my Ateca but on poorly surfaced roads I get a slight rattle/buzz from drivers door....it's seems to go if I push on drivers door plastic trim.

Anything I can do or should need to talk to a garage? Would they investigate under warranty?

Thanks
2.0 TDI 4X4 Excellence - Lava Blue - 17 plate

Etchings

Re: Slight rattle on drivers door...

Post by Etchings » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 pm

I get a similar thing of very poor surfaces, but it appears to come from the air vent rather than the door. Wasn't so bad I stormed off and demanded it get fixed - was planning to ask them to look at it when it was due in for servicing.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Bobmunkhouse

Post by Bobmunkhouse » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah at next service I will get mine checked...might empty car completely and see if I can work out exact location...it's only slight but once you hear it...

metalsman

Post by metalsman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I had the same issue and it seemed to be coming from the top of the door trim at the rear of the door. When pressing on the trim the rattle disappeared. Took the door trim off and could not see anything loose but placed a piece of soft adhesive tape from the area where the rattle came from. Voila! to my surprise the rattle had stopped and has not returned in over 2000 miles.
Delivered on time :D : Ateca SE 1.4 TSI in Reflex Silver with spare wheel and double floor

Bobmunkhouse

Post by Bobmunkhouse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Hmmm is it easy to take off door trim? My skills are low and issue is only slight...

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:26 am

Don't you guys have a warranty on your cars? I would not touch the door trims myself, if the car is still under warranty. I would take it to the dealer and complain about the rattle.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Bobmunkhouse

Post by Bobmunkhouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah I guess I will use warranty....oddly it does seem to have stopped suddenly....

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 am

Bobmunkhouse wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 am
Hi all,

I'm loving my Ateca but on poorly surfaced roads I get a slight rattle/buzz from drivers door....it's seems to go if I push on drivers door plastic trim.

Anything I can do or should need to talk to a garage? Would they investigate under warranty?

Thanks
Same here (Purchased September2017) I thought it was my air vents but I now seem to think it is my door handle, it is in stereo rattling comes from both side so annoying.
I asked the garage (Jennings SEAT) to have a look and they wanted 1/2 a day but wanted to charge me for a run around some excuse with the insurance.
Not to happy with it at present as I work away from home.

Return to “Faults & Technical”