Duff Battery after just 14,000 miles

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
fujixpro

Duff Battery after just 14,000 miles

Post by fujixpro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi All,

Have just completed over 14k mileage in my Ateca Xcellance 2Tdi 150 4Drive (Manual), the battery packed in on Saturday morning good old AA arrived within 25 minutes ran a test on the Battery and informed me it was not in the best of health, have been in contact with the vehicle supplier and have to wait till Wednesday to get another vehicle as my car has to be with them for a 24 hour check on the battery, I think this is to work out if the battery is under warranty re its condition, so either Seat replace the Battery or I pay for a new one, does this ring any bells with other Ateca drivers.

fujixpro

Re: Duff Battery after just 14,000 miles

Post by fujixpro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Well the Battery was Duff, got a call from the car supplier informing me that the Battery is covered and is under warranty, looking forward to The Return of The Ateca.

Cupcakecresta

Post by Cupcakecresta » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Mine is going in tomorrow for same investigation... it’s been struggling to start, but always did manage previously! Mine is 4wd 2.0 diesel xcellence, to much drain on such a small battery perhaps???
2.0 4wd xcellence lava blue seat sound and space saver tyre, foot wavey boot opener, top camera, protection pack, heated windscreen :D

Cupcakecresta

Post by Cupcakecresta » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Update
After investigation, they found they battery needed replacing. So at least i’ll get my car back when they get a replacement in
2.0 4wd xcellence lava blue seat sound and space saver tyre, foot wavey boot opener, top camera, protection pack, heated windscreen :D

rsheehan

Post by rsheehan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:34 pm

We had the same issue. Car is 1 year old with 12,000km.

A few weeks ago the car would not start. We brought it to the dealer and they just charged the battery.

It failed to start again this week and they replaced the battery. The Dealer did say they had several battery failures recently and warned us it could take a while to get a replacement, yet they had one for us within a couple of days.

Cupcakecresta

Post by Cupcakecresta » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Yes im still waiting for the new battery to come in, will have to wait and see how long. It takes. I will update when i have further info, car admitted for tests 2nd Oct, useless battery agreed on the 3rd Oct, Seat have said they will contact me on the 9th Oct

Return to “Faults & Technical”