Multiple Faults with 18 Plate 2.0 SEAT Ateca 4drive

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Rae9911

Multiple Faults with 18 Plate 2.0 SEAT Ateca 4drive

Post by Rae9911 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:38 pm

I am just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their new Ateca? I currently have two separate issues with my car and it is now in the garage for the 4th time in 4 months (so it technically is having monthly visits). My issues started in September when the brakes where binding and the hand brake was not releasing when the clutch was being released. So 17/9/18 it went into SEAT Blade to be looked at for hot brakes and hand brake not releasing, no fault found.

25/10/18 the car was back at SEAT Blade as the brakes were still binding and the car was struggling to pull away whether forwards or reversing and the hand break was not disengaging. I also raised the issue that the car would lurch forward when the hand brake finally released and was worried it was going to cause an me an accident. They said a fault was found with the auto hold so they did a new software update on the car.

19/11/18 car brakes and hand brake are playing up again as the hand brake not releasing. I also sent the dealership 8 dash cam clips of where I was trying to pull away and the car would not move. The dealership had my car for 3 days and the sales man admitted that after driving my car for 1 hour he had had enough of the auto hold issue and that there was definitely something wrong with my car.

The kicker in the teeth is that he said that as they have already completed the software update on my car to correct the issue there is no other fix currently available for my car and that the only option until a solution is available is to drive around with the auto hold switched off. I did not pay all this money for a car that I cannot use all the functions on . The salesman did tell me that there is an issue with the SEAT Leon & Ateca with the auto hold but the software update should have fixed it. Apparently I am one of 7 Ateca's in the UK with the auto hold issue.

04/12/18 at lunchtime I got in the car to go back to work and I tried 3 times to get the car started and could not get the car to start. It was cranking but not starting up, so on the 4th attempt I actually videoed myself starting the car and it would not start again, I let go of the key and it stayed in the start position with the engine cranking. So I phoned SEAT Assistance and they sent the AA out, I showed the AA man the video clip and he tried the car and it started. So he followed me to the garage and my car is currently at the dealership.

I am now so sick and fed up with this car and I only picked it up 18 July 2018 and its been in the garage 4 times. Has anyone else have these issues?
Ordered Ateca SE Technology 2.0 TDI 4drive 150PS, Privacy Glass, Reverse Camera, Convenience Pack & Towbar pre-installation with hook.
Ordered 27/04/2018.
Build Week 24
Delivery: 18/07/2018

Ghiggz

Re: Multiple Faults with 18 Plate 2.0 SEAT Ateca 4drive

Post by Ghiggz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 pm

"Autohold" and the "hand/parking brake" are two different systems.

Autohold [Green (P)] is hydraulic using the footbrake & ABS hydraulic unit, and locks the caliper pistons against the pads by maintaining brake fluid pressure.
The parking brake [Red (P)] is electro-mechanical and works by a compressor nut being rotated along a threaded spindle and applying pressure to the rear pads..

Which one are they actually saying is at fault?? Just Autohold??

Does it do it for both? [red and green (P) on dash]
If its not doing it with Autohold off and they telling you leave it off, then the parking brake is ok, and its only autohold at fault.
If they have ruled out AH software issue, maybe sensor switch on clutch or fault in the ABS module??

EDIT
Just found this thread on Tiguan forums of similar issues...
https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=800
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Time to write the letter to the dealer principal Rejecting the car and get them to give you a new. I did it a few years ago on a Leon FR TDI170
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:33 am

Agree with Graham B, reject the car straight away. Get a new one.

Rae9911

Post by Rae9911 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Thank you everyone, currently they have had the car for over a week and cannot get the cranking fault to replicate and no mention of the brake issues. I am still waiting to hear from SEAT UK so come Friday I will be contacting them and the dealership to say that I am rejecting the car.
Ordered Ateca SE Technology 2.0 TDI 4drive 150PS, Privacy Glass, Reverse Camera, Convenience Pack & Towbar pre-installation with hook.
Ordered 27/04/2018.
Build Week 24
Delivery: 18/07/2018

Return to “Faults & Technical”