1.5 engine software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Rory

Re: Rejecting car after outright purchase.

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 am

Paramop05 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
.....my dealership refused to accept my car had issues and has since closed as a Seat dealership,
Does the company you bought it off still exist? If it was owned by a larger group or the garage is still trading in the same name then you should be OK, but if it was Xxxxx Seat Ltd and they've ceased trading or been wound up then you'll be a bit stuck.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Paramop05

Re: 1.5 engine software updates

Post by Paramop05 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Yes the company still exists Lookers plc big company with there own lawyers.

Golfmk56

Re: Rejecting car after outright purchase.

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Paramop05 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
...that I purchased back in October 2018 and payed for in full still suffers from the Kangaroo issue after having a software update in June 2019 ,stalling and flat spot issues resolved.
My question is has any owners rejected there car after lodging a claim to reject the car within 6 months of purchase my dealership refused to accept my car had issues and has since closed as a Seat dealership, had to go to another Seat dealerships to have software update.
My next option is to take legal action which I am now in the process of doing ,any information from other owners that have successfully rejected there vehicles would be greatly appreciated.
I went down the rejection route with a previous car but found selling it the much cheaper and less stressful option.

From what I've learned and from what you've said I don't think you stand a chance, the reason being you lodged a claim within 6 months but you continued to use the car. The law will see that as you accepting the car and the fault not serious enough for rejection. The correct procedure should have been lodge a claim rejecting the car and not to drive it again.

I'm sure you're thinking " but I needed transport ". Nobody said rejection was easy. It's 'relatively' easy in the first month, it becomes more difficult in the next 5 months but after that it's neigh impossible. Yes you can continue legal action and yes you may win - my problem was 'may' is not good enough, for the money it'd have cost me it would have needed to be a guaranteed win.

Sorry if that disappoints.

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Yes I understand what you are saying about using the car ,but if it’s the only car that you have there is no other option.
When the dealership ( the experts) do not acknowledge the fault exists, and Seat customer Support say the car is not dangerous to drive and will not provide a loan car there is no other option.
I am assuming your attempt at rejection was for the Kangerooing ,flat spot ,stalling issues ?

GRS18

Post by GRS18 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

I had my car serviced yesterday and had requested that the engine issue be looked at again (third time). When the software was updated in June, it cured the warm engine stalling issue. As the colder mornings have occurred, the cold starting stalling issue had become noticeable and annoying. The engine was updated with what I was told “is the latest software release that only became available on 15 November”. From my first cold morning today, and a cold start tonight, it is looking like the issue has finally been sorted. Overall the engine also appears smoothly and more even in its power delivery. Obviously only 24 hours but hopefully this is more than a first impression.
Nevada White 1.5 TSI EVO Xcellence, Space Saver Wheel, Boot Floor Mat, Rear Bumper Protection, Aftermarket Double Boot floor.

sheadblue

Post by sheadblue » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi GR518 Please can you give an update, has the latest software cured the "kangarooing" problem? We've been trying to get this resolved since June! Have our car booked in yet again next week for them to download engine data which they did in June! #frustrated Thanks

GRS18

Post by GRS18 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:00 am

Update re my engine software update... good news finally. I’ve done several cold starts this week (early mornings and evenings) and the hesitancy and stalling has gone. Also when warm the engine feels better, smoother and more even in its power delivery. Shame it’s taken a year to get to this point but genuinely I can say have enjoyed driving it much more this week (done about 250 miles mixed roads). @sheadblue I hope you get the same results, let us know.
Nevada White 1.5 TSI EVO Xcellence, Space Saver Wheel, Boot Floor Mat, Rear Bumper Protection, Aftermarket Double Boot floor.

matthab

Post by matthab » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Just had the 2nd update applied to mine and so far driving away from the dealers its improved even with a warm engine. This morning it was also felt less hesitant at about 2k-3k revs.

Early impressions feels like the issue has been solved completely.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Paramop05 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm
Yes I understand what you are saying about using the car ,but if it’s the only car that you have there is no other option.
When the dealership ( the experts) do not acknowledge the fault exists, and Seat customer Support say the car is not dangerous to drive and will not provide a loan car there is no other option.
I am assuming your attempt at rejection was for the Kangerooing ,flat spot ,stalling issues ?
1: You do have another option - buy another car. You can pay for it with the money you get for your old one. Is that an option for most people? No. Is it a massive risk given you have no guarantee your car will be rejected? Yes. Is it totally unfair - absolutely. But whoever said the law was fair.

What you say is 100% correct and everyone is in the same boat - you need use of a car. But then again just think about what you're saying... if you're able to use the car for daily use then the fault cannot be deemed serious enough for rejection. If anyone continues to use the car without prior permission from the seller then they have no grounds for rejection. They're obviously entitled to have it fixed but not rejected.

Your assumption was wrong. It wasn't a VAG product, I had a car infested with electrical gremlins which dealers were given multiple opportunities to put right but failed to do so. One of those issues was windows which would randomly lower themselves. Several times I'd come back to the car to find either one, two, three or all four windows lowered. The straw that broke the camel's back was when two windows lowered themselves whilst the car was parked up during a storm. The car interior was soaked and made it completely unusable.

steve69

Post by steve69 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:25 pm

well just a quick update on our motor.
i had to book her into a different dealer because i wasnt happy with hartwell herefords way of dealing with things cutting it short.
so new dealer fixed my screen blades problem and they told me that hartwell dealers had apparently done the update on the computer, but they were going to check it anyway.
picked the car up after it had be done that day and boy oh boy what a differance. it feels like a car is suppose to drive. feels like theres more poke in her and pulls alot better. had a couple of real cold starts and the problems ahve gone away so far. shes such a pleasre to drive now.
so all in all my first dealer at hereford lied to me and i think the mechanic needs to get his own car fixed at a proper dealer as he has the same problem, so he says. but the dealer at telford (faintree) are a pleasure to deal with. its like night and day.

so i suppose the moral of my story is that if this hasnt fixed the issues try another dealer.
2019 grey Xcellence 1.5 tsi