Wing mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Vicky2017

Re: Wing mirrors

Post by Vicky2017 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Hiya I have the same problem which has happened a few days ago. When you say disconnect the battery, is that under the bonnet or battery in the key fob?

mrchubbyhubby

Post by mrchubbyhubby » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:01 pm

Just had the same issue.... wing mirrors would not fold in on long press of remote. Used instructions as per SamW's post above (ignition on, lower the driver's window fully, release button, hold down again for 2 secs, raise window, hold button again for 2 secs) and all is now working :-) . Saved ma a trip to the dealer (again!). Many thanks.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:08 am

Just an addendum to this thread and fix.

It seems the issue is caused by the window one-touch opening and closing feature needing to be reset. In the manual (page 141 of mine) it states that the one-touch feature needs resetting after the battery is disconnected, however I think it also needs resetting after the roll-back function is tripped, i.e. when there is an obstruction.

On my car, the window was frozen the other morning when I tried to lower it. The one-touch open / close then stopped working.

mrchubbyhubby wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:01 pm
ignition on, lower the driver's window fully, release button, hold down again for 2 secs, raise window, hold button again for 2 secs
The above fix worked, however, you have to apply this fix on the window that no longer one-touch opens / closes.

In my case, I had to apply it to the passenger window, not the driver's.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue.

Fully loaded:
Adaptive Cruise Control, Digital Cockpit, Top View, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, High Beam Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert

Nollie

Post by Nollie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:02 pm

I too had the same problem recently with my external mirrors not folding on my Ateca, no matter where the internal knob position was and with the mirrors fold on locking option ticked. I remedied this by resetting the windows.... I turned the radio off so I could hear... On each window I opened them half way, then closed them till I heard an electronic click, released the switch, then lifted the switch again until I heard a double click then released. This did the trick, but I'm not sure why?

RH07

Post by RH07 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Tell wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:47 pm
Ruth, lucky you on the pedal. Think yours was built after mine. Doesn't work at all on the pedal.

Mirrors are fine, I'm sure you have your twiddly knob set to down, 0, and not got confused about that. Mine go up and down either on the knob or the extended door lock. I use the latter. But I guess you need zero on the knob perhaps without experimenting.

Sitting in the car back to entering 105 destinations....
Could it be a Brexit related problem?
Best wishes
Bob

Lava Blue, Xcellence Auto 18/2/19 after 6 months wait bought through Drive the Deal.

owen hurley

Post by owen hurley » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm

I found that the mirror function of folding in on parking is related to the window function, you can reset this by opening each window then close release switch then raise for 1 second this also resets the mirror function