Electric boot wont open. Weird beeping. -17

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Ateca20

Electric boot wont open. Weird beeping. -17

Post by Ateca20 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Hey guys :(
My electric boot is acting weird. I couldnt find anything on google about this so I thought id ask you guys if youve experienced anything similar.

So.. yesterday I opened the boot as usual but when I clicked the button to close it, it went half way and stopped and made a weird beeping sound. I had to force it down to close it. The actual lock is ok. When i try to open the boot it unlocks and opens 1cm but then just keep beeping. Please see the videos below.

It doesnt matter if i try to open it with the key, pedal, button, dashboard.

Any ideas of what might cause this issue?

Best regards,
Kim

Bellington

Re: Electric boot wont open. Weird beeping. -17

Post by Bellington » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi
Just taking a bit of a guess here(awaiting delivery of my Ateca).
But I watched a review which mentioned the automatic boot where you could preset the opening height (in case you garage roof was low). This was done by holding in the boot button for a set time. Is it possible this may have malfunctioned or been pressed/stuck accidentally. You could try resetting it. I only mention it because I had previously been unaware of the height setting feature.

I also saw that you could set the force required to stop it closing presumably to avoid accidental decapitation of little ones. Again might be something to do with it.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.

Ateca20

Post by Ateca20 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Thank you Bellington for your suggestion. I was pretty sure that would be the case.. but Ive tried to reset it by pressing and holding the button for 3 seconds as mentioned in the manual but nothing happened. No confirmation beep as they say it should do once its reset.

I guess ill have to take it to the mechanics :cry:

Ellekilde

Post by Ellekilde » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi.

I’ve the exact same problem. Did you find the solution?

mike22

Post by mike22 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I have the same issue - any solution?
Seat Ateca Xcellence 1.4tsi DSG 4drive, Nevada white, 19", el. adjustable brown leather seats, pano roof, el. tailgate, navi system, assist. packet 3