Sat Nav Installation Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
craigisallin

Sat Nav Installation Issues

Post by craigisallin » Sun May 28, 2017 11:50 am

Hi all,

I have just purchased an ex-demo Ateca. When I test drove the vehicle in England the maps were working perfectly. I then had the car delivered to Northern Ireland and the maps must've been taken off as the Nav screen is now saying 'Navigation Database Not Available'.

I have a brand new memory card called SEAT Navigation AS (Europe 1 (V4) which I inserted into the SD slot. A message appeared saying that the memory card contained Navigation data. However when I go into system updates (as per the manual), under software updates I am told there are no software updates available from the source. Anyone encountered this before? Maybe I am doing something stupid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

pch

Re: Sat Nav Installation Issues

Post by pch » Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 pm

The database stays on the SD card all the time. The update you mentioned I think is the system (firmware, code) update which also may be available on SD card. For navigation just keep the SD card in.

To be honest my card was not recognised for some reason and I put it to other slot, but when I moved it again it's working on both. Just teething problem.

If the database cannot be found you can download it from the internet, unpack to new card (I'd recommend use different card) and try it in your car.

craigisallin

Post by craigisallin » Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Thank you for your response- I'll try that 👍

marooncat

Post by marooncat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, I am having the same problem in my new Aceta?

alexateca2018

Post by alexateca2018 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am

Hi I've had my Ateca for 4 months and hardly used the Sat Nav. On Thursday I had to cross the River Mersey to work and was taken to the old bridge which has been shut for a year! Obviously the system needs to be updated, but how do I do that?
Ateca 2L Petrol Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Rhodium Grey, Collected June 2018, (Extras: Heated windscreen and spare wheel)

pch

Post by pch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Don't need to update the system. Only update the map which sits on SD card.
Not sure whether this will help with closed bridge though...

My first map was dated 2017 and my street was not there... I live here since 2011 but it was built 4-5 years before I moved in...

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:26 am

There is a known fault with the standard have system fitted to the Ateca and the whole VW range. I have to reset my "have" 2 or 3 times a day.
This has been going on for 6 months now and the dealer I leased mine from now has 9 "Waiting for a software update" hopefully to fix the problems. No info on went that is going to be yet. I've had a month's lease money back from VW finance and a £340 Tom Tom from Seat UK for my troubles. Thinking of rejecting the car as 6 months is an unreasonable length of time to wait for a fix
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:28 am

Predictive text Sorry. Should read Standard nav system
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

wayhappydude

Post by wayhappydude » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi. I have the same issue as Craig. Purchased a 1.6TDI First Edition which had no database in, which I found strange. Dealer has now sent an SD card through but although the system recognises it as a Sat Nav database, the Sat Nav still says "No database available".

Anyone have any tips on how do I get the database to load please?

Martyn

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:40 pm

I had the same issue when i did the latest update from the Seat website. I ended up puting the original maps files back on. I think the Seat website one has something missing. So I’m running with out of date maps but at least it’s working.