Passenger air vent

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Andyam

Passenger air vent

Post by Andyam » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi all.

So my wife broke the air vent on the passenger side...see attached. It's looks like I can glue it back together...BUT does anyone know how to take off the vent? I'm not Aftaid to do some work myself I've taken off trim and pulled air vents out from cars before. However as this is my newest car I've ever brought I am a bit reluctant to dive head first in to fix it...any help would be great!

Thanks
Andy

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4308.JPG

1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

Nikkijamie

Re: Passenger air vent

Post by Nikkijamie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 pm

How old is the Car as a few others have had this after just a few weeks and got them replaced by the dealer I think, might be a poor manufactured part
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Yeah, we had a few reports of breakages on here around April/May time - worth chatting to your dealer first, on a car that shouldn't be a year old yet a reasonable person would not expect something like this to break.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rhodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Mine is ex seat managers car so I'm a second owner. 66 plate I believe it was October 2016...
1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Even so Andy i would think would be replaced as part of warranty or at least good will
It's a known issue going by this forum so shouldn't be blamed on you
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

atecapad

Post by atecapad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Had three of mine replaced under warranty, they should replace as others have said it is an issue and we are not the only ones
Ateca xcellance 20tdi DSG 4drive 190 in Nevada White, 19" alloys , Tow Bar, Top View , Pan roof, Park assist, Tailgate with vitual pedal, Advanced comfort and driving pack 2 and boot divider net :D :D

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:09 am

I rang up about it...trim is covered 6months or 10k miles and my car is a year old with 11kon the clock now..we will see what they say when it goes in for a services the part itself is £23 which isn't bad but it's figuring out how to replace it would be the issue. Was easy in the audi but not sure about this one! Fingers crossed

Ahtishiwoo

Post by Ahtishiwoo » Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm

We were just cruising along the motorway and the tab literally pinged off the driver's side air vent. This seemed odd because, after setting them when we bought the car two and a half years ago, we never touch them but simply use the thumb wheel to vary the amount of air coming through. I reported it to the Seat dealer because the car was going in for service and I naively thought they would replace it then to save another visit. No such luck but we were accused of using those push on air fresheners because it was damaged. That is something we have never done because we don't smoke, haven't got a dog and we do shower regularly so there is no need. In fact, when they checked the passenger side vent, that too broke. They agreed to change them under warranty so I had to go back a week later. I checked the forum and found that it was a known fault on early cars and obviously would have shown up sooner had we been constantly using them. All sorted now so all's well.

Return to “Faults & Technical”