Suspension problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Aran2806

Re: Suspension problem

Post by Aran2806 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 pm
My 3 month old Ateca gives me the horn everytime I get behind the wheel.......loving it :lol: :lol: :lol:
24 hours owning my Ateca so far and I was actually thinking the same, when will this obsession end! Lol.

Glad i am not the only one 😂😂
Ordered October 2017. Build week 2. Collected 22/1/18.

Ateca 1.0 SE Magic Black with upgraded 17" Alloys and Dark Rear Window Tint.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Aran2806 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm
Bedlam wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 pm
My 3 month old Ateca gives me the horn everytime I get behind the wheel.......loving it :lol: :lol: :lol:
24 hours owning my Ateca so far and I was actually thinking the same, when will this obsession end! Lol.

Glad i am not the only one 😂😂
Thanks @Aron2806 Was regretting posting this earlier (as it was done tongue in cheek) , just my weird (old UK bloke) sense of humour I guess.
Apologies to any ladies offended
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

DanishAteca

Post by DanishAteca » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks for your advice everyone. Im sorry about being so negative about the Ateca. It is a really beautiful car, the stick shift and steering is superb, fine engine, lots of space and solid build quality. I looked so much forward to owning one of these. But I it is hard for me to live with the back pains. Drove a rented Citroen Picasso C4 for two weeks during our summer holiday, didnt have a back pain even once. My tyres are michelin crossclimate 16 inch, can they be a part of the problem?
Seat Ateca 1,0 TSI Ecomotive

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Bit of a late response but I doubt the Michelin CrossClimates are the problem. Had them on my Mitsubishi ASX and they were a big improvement. Have to admit to having a very rough ride on Sunday in the UK. The A12 northbound from Brentwood in Essex to Colchester is truly appalling in places. Huge potholes, ruts and crumbling tarmac translated into into very bad feedback into the car and I started losing faith in the car again. I accepted that it's primarily the roads and not really the car. Yes, the ride is a bit firm on the 18" wheels and I struggle to see how people say it's a smooth ride. On holiday in Cornwall recently the roads were great and the ride was good but our local roads are rubbish and the ride can be tiring at times. I'll give the car a couple of years to see how the suspension softens up and then might try out the Karoq.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

Tango17

Post by Tango17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 am

I wonder if the Karoq springs and dampers would fit the Ateca? The two cars are very similar underneath. Maybe this could be an option when parts wear out and owners want to change the ride more towards comfort.
2017 1.4 Tsi SE in Samoa Orange

MBM

Post by MBM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 am

If you really love the car I would contact another service-center (Not Seat) and talk about your issues.
Lots of cars get custom-made, so why shouldnt it be possible to fit other suspensions
and have a custom driverseat made..
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm

tobydog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm
Bit of a late response but I doubt the Michelin CrossClimates are the problem. Had them on my Mitsubishi ASX and they were a big improvement. Have to admit to having a very rough ride on Sunday in the UK. The A12 northbound from Brentwood in Essex to Colchester is truly appalling in places. Huge potholes, ruts and crumbling tarmac translated into into very bad feedback into the car and I started losing faith in the car again. I accepted that it's primarily the roads and not really the car. Yes, the ride is a bit firm on the 18" wheels and I struggle to see how people say it's a smooth ride. On holiday in Cornwall recently the roads were great and the ride was good but our local roads are rubbish and the ride can be tiring at times. I'll give the car a couple of years to see how the suspension softens up and then might try out the Karoq.
A quick follow up. I've been running my car for the last 4-5 months using the "Comfort" tyre pressure setting of 32 psi. Out of interest this morning I pumped them back up to the "Normal" recommended level of 36 psi. I have to admit that there was no obvious deterioration in the ride. In fact, I would say it's more controlled / composed and you can feel that the suspension is doing it's job rather than the tyres. I still wouldn't call it smooth but it certainly livened up the driving experience again. I'll be sticking with the higher pressure and would suggest that others using 'Comfort' try the same if they're not happy. I was prompted by someone on another thread who has 19" wheels and said how much the ride deteriorated when the pressure fell by about 5 psi. Whilst this sounds somewhat counterintuitive it's true. I'm sure, however, that the A12 in Essex will still be pretty crappy at 36 psi :roll: .
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

atecaowner1982

Post by atecaowner1982 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm

My car feels a bit better after adjusting the tyre pressures.

DanishAteca

Post by DanishAteca » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Dear MBM
Can you suggest a service center in Denmark I could go to with this problem?
Seat Ateca 1,0 TSI Ecomotive

MBM

Post by MBM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:17 pm

DanishAteca wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm
Dear MBM
Can you suggest a service center in Denmark I could go to with this problem?
No I don't. Sorry.
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

Return to “Faults & Technical”