Reading out text messages

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
pch

Re: Reading out text messages

Post by pch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Indeed not nice experience Bedlam. Hope you will get well very soon.

I have a correction re Reading out.
Ateca can read out messages

Go to Phone, tap top left corner Messages, then Inbox.
You will see list of messages. By tapping a message you can view it and bottom left corner is Read Out - tap to hear it.

On the list there is also dialog icon right next to each message - you can tap it to read out straight away.

I had no unread messages at the moment. Maybe there is some improvement for unread...

I have not tried other options like writing - but it's there.

Remember - driving first.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks, am not too bad, by the way I was not distracted by text messages, phone etc. and am sure I passed out , just posted to say be aware the consequences of distraction, intentional or not.
Am I the only person to have owned 2 (almost new) Ateca's in 5 months? :D :D :D
Last edited by Bedlam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

stupra

Post by stupra » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Just caught up with this thread I posted a while back. I did find the "envelope" tab to the right of text messages in the Text Message set up. Sure enough, it does read any message out by tapping on it. I was used to my VW Up! actually telling me I had a new text and would i like 5he car to read it out, all by voice command. Very clever. The Ateca system will do for me, as bedlam says, you don't need distraction whilst driving.
SEAT Ateca SE Technology in Rodium Grey with Convenience pack. Build week 37, delivery 12th Oct 17.

3 Alteas, an Exeo ST and a Leon Cupra K1 (slightly modified!) all gone but not forgotten.

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:18 am

I don't use apple car play/android auto or have my phone connected by USB, just by Bluetooth, and if I get a text message, the car asks me if I want to have it read to me or not, if I say "yes" it reads the message out and then asks if I wish to reply. I never have replied that way yet, so I don't know how that part works. Using a £60 smart phone.
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Mete78

Post by Mete78 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Anteca wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:18 am
I don't use apple car play/android auto or have my phone connected by USB, just by Bluetooth, and if I get a text message, the car asks me if I want to have it read to me or not, if I say "yes" it reads the message out and then asks if I wish to reply. I never have replied that way yet, so I don't know how that part works. Using a £60 smart phone.
Hope its as easy as that.

Return to “Faults & Technical”