Spare wheel kit for 4Drive Ateca Xcellence 2Tdi

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
fujixpro

Spare wheel kit for 4Drive Ateca Xcellence 2Tdi

Post by fujixpro » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Well after a good few weeks my spare wheel kit has been fitted to my vehicle and it only took around 15 minutes to get it into place, this now makes me feel a tad more secure realising I have metal and rubber in the boot rather than that daft gunk, ok I lost bit of boot space but there is only 2 of us and the weekly shopping will still fit no problem and the runs to the local Tip is not effected so all in all YA DANCER.

saver1.jpg

Grahamn

Re: Spare wheel kit for 4Drive Ateca Xcellence 2Tdi

Post by Grahamn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi,

Your spare and the surroundings look a better fit than the one I got about 9 months ago when there wasnt an a post-factory spare the Ateca. Justveondered whether the 'foam' parts are lying loose either side of the wheel or are they secured in some way?

Thanks

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi Grahamn.

The whole unit comes in pieces with the wheel being anchored into position , it can be removed very easy but is very secure in the boot, the side bits are easily removed but again very secure this means that if you decide to get another Ateca without a spare you just move the spare into the new vehicle assuming you have the same size wheels, many thanks for your interest, my dealer is W.Livingstone of Uddingston, near Glasgow.

Randomgary

Post by Randomgary » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 pm

How's the wheel anchored mate?
Xcellence 1.4 DSG in Rhodium Grey, virtual cockpit, heated windscreen and Xcellence pack with 5 year warranty. Ordered early Dec. Collected 22nd March

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

Hi Randomgary,

The wheel is anchored through the centre by what looks like a giant screw, this is put into position in the boot floor, if you lift the piece of black material in your boot this will let you see the place where the anchor screw is fitted,good luck.

Annie7M

Post by Annie7M » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 am

I have just taken delivery of a new Ateca xcellence TSI in Spain.

We thought it came with a spare wheel, since when we looked at the models in the showroom they had a spare wheel (space saver).

When we collected it there was just a repair kit, and there is nowhere in the boot housing to store these they were just placed in the side pockets which means less room to store other items.
Thought there would be a place in the boot well where they would fit. Also there are no tools with it such as jack, wrench etc. Is this normal since we have been informed it's a 2019 model and now they only supply the repair kit?

Hope someone can help with advice please.

BrianG

Post by BrianG » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm

I bought the 4Drive spare wheel kit, it’s different from the 2wheel drive option, comes complete with hard foam inserts, full tool kit and replacement floor section, only lose about 100mm so not a big deal, I’ve used the tyre repair kit before on another vehicle, but only good for flat section of the tyre.
2.0 FR Velvet Red 4Drive

Ianmac10

Post by Ianmac10 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am

Where did you get yours from Brian?
Seat Ateca FR 2.0TDI 4 Drive Rhodium Grey

BrianG

Post by BrianG » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 am

Via dealers shop, different variations for 2D, with speaker etc, the kit is complete and solid.
This link is for the wheel, tools, hard foam supports and shelf for a 4D without speaker.

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/ ... GBBOM156SE
2.0 FR Velvet Red 4Drive

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am

I got mine from my supplying dealer, asked for 15% off and got it...
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Return to “Faults & Technical”