Spare wheel kit for 4Drive Ateca Xcellence 2Tdi

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Annie7M

Re: Spare wheel kit for 4Drive Ateca Xcellence 2Tdi

Post by Annie7M » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi Brian G, My Ateca is a 2.0 TSI Xcellence DSG 4Drive and in the Instruction manual it notes a repair kit to include a wheel nut key. I am trying to sort
this problem with the dealer here in Spain since as I noted above we thought it would have a spare wheel.
Just want to find out what should have been with the car when we bought it since it clearly shows the repair kit and tools, but we only have the towline anchorage and hook for extracting wheel trims?
What do you suggest please?

BrianG

Post by BrianG » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

The wheel nut for unlocking the security nut was in a pouch that also contained the small compresser and canister of “goo”, as yours. Same set up with most manufacturers these days, I’ve only every had to use one, on a people carrier and it worked fine.
We in the UK also get 2 years breakdown I think with the AA, maybe you have something similar?
My main reason for buying a spare was that it would fit properly with custom made supports and not look out of place, but I’ve only ever had 1 puncture in 10 years.
2.0 FR, Velvet Red, 4Drive, Space saver spare & working rear view camera...

Annie7M

Post by Annie7M » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi Brian G.

Thanks for the reply. On checking the manual there seems to be lots of tools missing, I have discounted the jack and wrench, but thought that since there was no spare wheel as we thought then there would be at least a plastic mounting in the floor to house the parts, compressor and goo, plus nut key etc.
We purchased the double floor as an optional extra. We also had the interior decorative pack option fitted which the dealer did not complete so we have to go back. We are still concerned about the tools kit, and how we keep them in the rear boot well not happy with this at present, since they left them on the floor in the and boot taking up space.
What do you think we should we request from them?

BrianG

Post by BrianG » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Even with the double floor do you still not have storage sections either side? All of my stuff was in a zipped pouch and placed there, ask your dealer to get you one.
2.0 FR, Velvet Red, 4Drive, Space saver spare & working rear view camera...

Return to “Faults & Technical”